marinette interrupted

Marinette immediately opened the door with the key gina gave her as soon as steven drove off with the others. She walked inside and into the dark foyer, where gina immediately shot out of her seat on the couch as she ran over to her granddaughter.

"Marinetta, where have you been?" she immediately chose to ask, inching closer to the girl in concern. "Thank gods you made it home when you did or I would've lost my mind."

"I'm so sorry, granny, really," mari was quick to apologise. "I... I know I have no excuse, but I was studying at the library with some friends I just made today and...i lost track of time."

Gina nodded with understanding-her hands later reaching to her shoulders. "It's alright, leetle fairy..." she said. "But when you stay out-at least promise to me that you check in with me."

Mari unanimously nodded at the deal gently, and noiselessly escorted herself right up to her room without a second thought.

However, an overwhelming storm of thoughts constantly ran through her head as she walked upstairs.

Being a part of a coven was really the farthest thing she wanted to be. After all she went through, she just really wanted to be normal and that was her main desire-even though back in paris it had been so insufferably difficult for her, loosing her friends and parents to a bully that constantly torments her every chance her and her posse would get, and even going so far as to resolve to take her own life one point in time when the stress of the situation immediately overcame and got the best of her.

Was this really the fate that was going to become of her tumultuous life now?

The strong smell of cigarette ashes filled the normally numb air of steven's eerily silent room as the owner of the room in question dragged on a cigarette, his face a storm of emotions under his thick brows: nervousness and anger at the situation he went through with the others earlier. Light had since left his eyes long ago as his look was hard and cold, pointed up to the ceiling as he immersed himself in his thoughts.

Steven didn't want to believe it, not for a second-what if the other girls were right? What if marinette was really the fifth? This would've left steven to realise that he made a grave mistake in driving her away the way he did.

A long puff of smoke emerging from steven's lips and he pulled the cigarette away from his mouth, eyebrows furrowed at the thought. Who even cares about that pathetic goody-goody anyway? After all-he could see that she had no interest but to just belong somewhere either way. She was never qualified to devote herself to their makeshift coven either way.

Steven slightly sat up to take another drag, leaning back on his headboard.

The next morning eventually came, morning rituals before school came and went, where marinette found herself early for class once again.

A sparkly open notebook along with a larger textbook both sat atop her desk as she immediately resolved to get a jump on her homework to pass the time.

Steven, connie, sabrina and darcy suddenly arrived before her desk which startled the blunette, she was too immersed in studying to ever even notice them.

"Care to explain why everyone here's talking mad shit about you?" steven's arms were crossed levelling the small girl with an unreadable stare that expectedly didn't put marinette in ease.

Marinette's passive look dropped as she seemed to not know how to comprehend steven's sentence. The silence wasn't the only thing she noticed as she carefully examined the sad looks on darcy and connie's face, and the looks steven and sabrina shared-serious, grave-looking ones, that intimidated marinette a little.