maniac

A content warning for detailed gore (if you're sensitive to blood/insects you are free to skip certain scenes) and a brief scene of domestic abuse. you have been warned.

Marinette undeniably found it near impossible to sleep the whole night, negative and paranoid thoughts consciously swarming through her head at an alltime high like an army of ants ravaging over discarded food. The eerily silent room the blunette laid in was wrapped with the darkness of the night as dozens of sheets surrounded her lower half.

A scratching at the glass of her balcony door nearby lurked behind the drapes-where marinette's ears were strained to the sound. Slowly pulling the sheets away, marinette walked across the room to check the doors-the scratches increasing with every step she took.

She slowly pulled open the drapes and clearly wilted with pure horror as she slowly looked up; from what she could see through the raindrop-dominated glass, the rest of her coven were airborne outside her balcony, faces chalk white as they stared down at the paling marinette before them.

"We want to talk to you, marinette..." darcy cooed after a while of sound silence between them.

"A...about-about what?" she asked silently.

Steven's face darkened as a malicious, toothy smirk marred his face.

"Your suicide."

The shattering of glass rang throughout the room as the four unexpectedly fled towards the window, through an explosion of glass. Marinette's body roughly flung against the far wall, eyes widened as they flew towards her, their hands grabbing at their neck. Wicked, demented laughs filled the choking blunette's ears as twitching, starving hands collectively attempted to clutch at her neck, strangling her.

Even as she could barely breathe through the constant tightness of her neck, she slowly opened her eyes, before they immediately shot open-her irises shrinking to the size of pinpricks that matched her white face.

It was a vision of lila falling to her head from that night, marinette's ears filled to the sound of bone snapping, along with that same crunch resounding from her precipitous fall upon impact with the hard flagstone. Lila's body violently toppled to the side as soon as she made it, where scarlet caked heavily into her scalp and nearly matted into her skull discolouring the very head of her brown locks, the side of her face puddling with blood.

Marinette's shoulders dropped on impulse as she released an absolutely blood-curdling scream from the top of her lungs as if her heart had been ripped out through her skin.

"YOU'RE A TRAITOR AND YOU SHOULD BE CONDEMNED AS SUCH!!!!!!!" shouted a disembodied voice-one that was eerily akin to steven's as it was the only thing for her to hear.

"NO!!!!!!!!"

"YOU SHALL SUFFER FROM YOUR SINS!!!!!!!"

"Marinetta! Marinetta!"

The blunette violently tossed and turned over on her side of the bed where gina tried to calm her down.

"Marinetta, calm down!" gina tried to hold onto her to no avail, as marinette couldn't listen to her.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!"

"Marinetta, please wake up!" she directed, shaking the blunette more.

"LET GO OF ME!!!! STOP IT!!!!! STOP, PLEASE, DON'T!!!" mari screeched out.

Within a horrified shriek, marinette shot awake in cold sweat, her body quivering. Looking up she ran a few trembling fingers through her hair-and later, her head roughly switched back and forth looking around to try to establish where she was. Then she looked at a worried gina beside her, her heart racing.