Vicissitude

A feeling of pure uneasiness/dread originally made itself home in the pit of the stomach in one particular Connie Maheswaran when passing by sofia and her posse at swim practice.

To ever hate another was most definitely unlike her-but she can't help but grow to despise the girl and her sister for turning what was a pleasurable experience for her lessen the knots in her stomach to an experience for her to dread every time she walked to the pool.

However this particular early Friday morning, as she walked to the high diving board an noticeable feeling of self-assurance and reliance was there to cancel the discomfort out for her-as soon as she remembered the idea of the spell she made not too long ago.

"Careful, Maheswaran!" sofia called out, voice as condescending and as cunning as ever.

"Yeah, don't hit your head on the diving board!" savannah followed with her.

Connie just silently adjusted the swim cap that tightened over her head, giving the sisters a gaze of steel as she did.

Sofia and savannah later sat beside their posse, their attention later leaving the dark-skinned girl as they did. Two sets of hands used their own thoughtless fingers to pull of the swim caps-and to sofia's mounting horror, she was the first to realise that sight of a thick rope of brown hair inside.

"Oh-" as soon as a few girls in her posse turned over to her, she didn't acknowledged the pure shock they shared as a hand immediately went touch her mane, where strands immediately proceeded to fall out every which way. Her horror was clearly incomparable to savannah's however, as she immediately let out a scream as all blood drained from her face at the amount of auburn locks she quickly lost in front of her.

"Oh-oh my god!" sofia yelled out.

"Guys, what's going on?" a tall girl with preferably much more fuller head of darker hair immediately ran for their assistance along with a couple other girls, surrounding them.

"I don't know!" savannah quickly flailed, the sheer panic in her almost cracked high-pitched voice making her horror and confusion of the situation known.

"What does it look like?!" sofia yelled to those around her.

Connie silently gazed at the scene from afar as she stood atop the diving board-feeling as tall, proud, and rightfully vindicated as ever-barely even the least bit shocked and clueless at the commotion going on below. She realised that now justice had been served-she could go back to being beautiful, educated, all without apology.

She later found her lips flashing a sharp, almost vindictive smirk-and when she realised that she saw enough, she threw her hands along with her chin up high as she later took a stunning, flawless dip in the deep water below.

Darcy and sabrina would be so absolutely thrilled to know what just happened.

Meanwhile, in the halls, marinette walked through the sea of students. Through the walk, some students took it to mean that she was now a part of the coven as her wardrobe changed considerably-instead of usually donning the uniform like all the other girls in the school, the blazer was tied to her waist, where down to her lower half were distressed leggings with open-toed heels to match to homochromatic outcome of her look. A choker necklace was buckled to her neck, along with a spiked headband to accessorise.

Music from her playlist played in her ears through her airpods as she looked ahead to where she was walking to with almost surprisingly impassive dark eyes.

What she looked at ahead had shocked her to the core however-when she noticed the sight of students laughing at their peer as she walked through them.