Part 4: Testament of the Ripper

September 29th, 2020. 9:30 AM, GMT+7, Thailand time zone.

A handwritten letter was sent to Tin's house. It said: "Greetings from Jack the Ripper, I'm about to end this whole thing. I have stalked you for weeks, and this must end here. Give me one night on your bed, and I can be freed from the troubles."

At the very same time, Dean and Pharm were all dressed in long-sleeved white shirts with buttons locked up from the neck downward to the belly and a black tie fastened around the collars. They also wore black pants and black business shoes. Now they were fighting several thugs inside a sewer. Under whom the thugs were serving was a mystery. Having incapacitated the enemy frontline, the pair descended deeper and deeper into the darkness-filled tunnel.

A flashing light sparked. From the dark nowhere.

Everybody froze.

Footsteps were getting louder, but not from Dean's position. They came from the opposite direction.

Rustling sounds were made.

Silence overwhelmed everything, shortly after that.

Light came back to Dean and Pharm in just five minutes. They could smell something metal standing before their eyes. The metal was grayish, and it had a very sharp edge.

"Why is he there?" Dean said with a weakened voice before passing out.

Pharm looked at the entity before him. He was sure that Jack the Ripper wasn't him. The entity has a grey ponytail tied behind his head, a grey face with black eyes whose entirety was covered in black cracks.

"I'm the Photographer." The entity said.

Pharm took out a handgun and opened fire at the Photographer, only to realize that he wasn't even human. The Photographer could feel pain, but he didn't even bother. The first shot dazzled him, but he quickly got back to his senses. Nothing could kill him, as the subsequent shots passed through him and bounced off his body like rubber balls.

"Silly boy, you don't know what you do." The Photographer's husky voice echoed.

Pharm's eyes widened with terror as intimidating pitch black eyes from the humanoid abomination stared into his heart.

"My name is William Wilson, the photographer who sees inner darkness and captures human souls through the snaps of the shutter." The Photographer said.

Then the Photographer continued: "The thugs you had defeated were in fact people I hired as my personal hitmen, a herd of nameless people. And now, you have seen me. I consider having your friend become a pet of mine, and you shall join him too."

Dean was taken by the Hunter, right before Pharm's eyes.

Actually The Photographer was a member of the Thirteen Terrors, an alternate world counterpart of the Iscariot Army Corps in a parallel dimension. Hunters of Literature World was only a title announcing their collective name for beginners.

The full list was shown below:

-Tybalt Capulet: The Archduke of the Capulet clan, also known as The Archduke leading the Thirteen Terrors. He originates from William Shakespeare's play 'Romeo and Juliet' and its adaptions.

-William Wilson: The most dreaded swordsman and fighter. He is also known as The Photographer. He originates from Edgar Allan Poe's short story 'William Wilson'.

-Arsene Lupin: The notorious phantom thief in Victorian-era France, who is adapted to villainy under the name of The Phantom Thief.

-Morgan le Fay: Legends has it that Morgan the Fay is a powerful dark witch originates from King Arthur legends. She is known as The Wicked Witch.

-Igor Lichtenstein: The undead mad scientist of German descent. He is also known as The Mad Scientist. He's based on Victor Frankenstein of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein.

-Jasper Ricketts: The true identity of the infamous legendary killer Jack the Ripper, whose famous five canonical victims were Mary Ann Nichols (found August 31, 1888), Annie Chapman (found September 8, 1888), Elizabeth Stride (found September 30, 1888), Catherine Eddowes (also found September 30, 1888), and Mary Jane Kelly (found November 9, 1888). He is also known as The Ripper.

-Caius Lancius Mortemis: Caius' full Latin name could be translated as 'Spear of Death'. He's the reincarnated Gaius Cassius Longinus. He's also known as The Legionary.

-Marcus Infernum Claudius: He's the reincarnated Marcus Junius Brutus. He's also known as The Gladiator.

-Ernst Kirchgessner: a ruthless 36-year-old Hessian mercenary living in the era of American Revolutionary War in 1782. He's also known as The Headless Horseman from Sleepy Hollows.

-Count Dracula: based on Vlad III Impaler and the classical vampire of Bram Stoker's novel. His other nickname is The Feaster.

-Captain Bluebeard: a 18th century pirate captain transformed into a mutated aquatic eldritch abomination with blue octopus tentacles on his beard and a crab claw on his left hand as well as a red right hand with claws on fingers. He's based on the fairy tales of Bluebeard and Peter Pan as well as the Lovecraft legends of Cthulhu.

-Lady Marie Antoinette: the Bloody Mary apparition from France with a mirror shard for a weapon. She's known as Red Queen, Madame Red.

-Amelia Wilkes: the psychotic nurse from London (England) carrying a bone saw. Now reborn as a teleporting undead ghost, she is even more dangerous. She's based on real-life serial killer Amelia Dyer and the fictional Anne Wilkes from Stephen King's Misery novel.