Part 6: The dulled out (18+)

October 30th, 2020. 9:30 AM, GMT+7, Thailand time zone.

"Who's ready for infusing souls of people together into a singular creature?" The Hunters' mansion in Lonon had echoed the voice of a man.

"Which one whose soul you shall combine with yours?" The voice of another man echoed.

"One certain boy in Asia." The first voice said.

"Have you picked Dean off?" The second voice said.

"I sent him back home. Good riddance." The first voice replied.

Sitting by the fireplace, a man covered in a black and grey color palette was talking to a man dressed in a neat suit with a sack covering his entire head except the eyes.

"The shutter has closed." The man in black and grey from head to toe said.

As the man in black and grey stopped speaking, he lifted his face up. It was covered in pitch black cracks, and its eyes were as soullessly black as bottomless pits. Black and red auras surrounded him as he stood up, his body twitched and jerked rapidly before his entire body vanished into nothingness.

"Ah, this is getting really bad." The man in suit with a sack-covered head stood up as he took the knife on the table and walked away.

Exactly one hour later, Phana was working in an office building when a man covered in black cracks appeared behind him. The menacing sword inside the man's left grip was near Phana's shoulder.

"Want to see some confetti booming?" The mysterious man said to Phana.

Phana's face turned really pale. The man took a camera and aimed at a person walking into Phana's office. With a snap from the camera lens, the person immediately froze in place and vanished a few seconds later.

"Now you know what horrible thing I can be? I am a Hunter of the Scarlet Round Table. I am the immortal Photographer." The man said to Phana.

Then he said as the sword was placed back into the scabbard: "Nobody dared to lay a finger in any attempt for my life. Some men with no wisdom had challenged me, and they met their own demise right immediately. They tried to end me, but they ended up ending themselves instead."

Phana was confused. Could this man with the magical camera impersonate the identity of his victims and dispose of the originals before replacing them? Was he something not even human or had been human before and become somthing non-human? Phana could never figure out if the strange man had given an empty threat for him to discourage him or was actually serious about claiming his life should he tried to oppose him.

The person who previously disappeared suddenly made his appearance after the man with the camera restored him back to normal. The person was Forth, a friend of Phana. The photographer in grey disappeared as quickly as he arrived. Phana was confused even more.

October 30th, 2020. 11:30 AM, GMT+7, Thailand time zone.

"Hey, sleeping beauty hero, wake up already." A voice said.

The voice calling Kao a 'sleeping beauty hero' was indeed a double pun. He was both attractive and brave, a beauty and a knight in one body. On the other meaning, he had been asleep for a long while.

"Huh?!" Kao blushed as he looked at his feet and every part of his body. They were covered with no garment of any sort, instead they were all bare. Worse than that, his limbs were spread out to the four corners of a metallic bed with no cozy cushion and only cold frameworks, and they were locked with shackles that were equally icy-cold.

"Now you're just get back to your senses. The toxin I've given to you worked really well. You were asleep in peace and comfort. What a wonderful medicine, isn't it?" The mystery man said.