*Chapter 4: boy*

[ Lalia's POV: August 2, 12:05 PM ]

I woke up that day feeling like absolute crap. I got up ate some quick breakfast then changed to go for a run. I ran for a good 1 mile then walked to the neighborhood park.

there I saw a group of kids playing basket and a few on their skateboards. I didn't feel like talking to anyone today. But that didn't work out since a little girl came up to me.

"oh hello." I smiled at her

"hi, you are very pwetty."

"haha thank you! you're very pretty too! what's your name?" I said squatting down to be closer to her height.

"I'm ruby."

"well hi ruby, who are you here with?"

"you see that person holding the skateboard?" she said point to a tall brown-haired guy

"Yeah, is that your brother?"

"yup, he wanted me to go up to and compliment you. he's too shy too" she laughed

"aww, here let's go to him."

Ruby and walked up to her brother, it was flattering nonetheless and smart too using your sister to compliment me.

"Hey, I'm Lalia." I smiled at him

"Brandon. please tell me she didn't tell you anything crazy." he awkwardly laughed

"oh just that she thought I was pretty. she's adorable."

"that's my sister... go play ruby, I'll be here," he said watching his sister run to the playground

"smart move telling your sister to tell me I'm pretty huh."

"yeah, I was too shy to- oh"

"hey its no problem, I get scared talking to strangers too." I laugh

"well it's true I think you are really pretty." he smiled

"Thanks dude, you from around here?"

"sort of? I don't live in this neighborhood, we live near Westfield"

"oh cool, my brother lives there."

"well Lalia, hopefully we could hang out sometime."

"for sure..." do I ask for his number? can he ask for my number already holy shit.

"by any chance, will you give me your number?"

thank the lords!! I say yes then we exchange numbers, I say bye to him and ruby then head back home.

I guess you can say he lifted up my mood, considering I went home smiling. I went inside and was about to up to my room before my parents stopped me.

"Lia!" my mom yelled

"yeah?"

"Your dad and I are going on a date trip, for the week. and we love you sweetie, but we don't trust you enough to be home alone for the whole week." my mom explained

"oh... so I'm not going?" I joked

"of course not, George is gonna pick you up around 3. you're gonna stay over at his place for the week." my dad said

"Alright, have fun guys!" I winked at them

Honestly, I find it sad that my parents don't trust me. but I get it, I almost burned the house down once. I went upstairs took a shower then wore a casual outfit. I brushed my hair then started to pack, a whole week...

I found a suitcase and stuffed all my clothes in there. After I tweeted that there'll be no stream for this week since I won't have my set up. I made sure I had all my chargers and my laptop in my spare bag. with all my other stuff too.

By now Tommy had texted me asking where I'll be going and I told him everything. gonna be weird not hearing random screaming during the night. but I'm not complaining.

When Tommy slept over that one night, he forgot his hoodie so I went to go drop it off before George can get here.

I walked to his front door and knocked waiting for an answer.

"oh hey lia," Tommy opened

"hey innit, here's your hoodie."

"oh thanks, I'm guessing George's gonna be here soon?"

"Yup, I wanted to give it back since the house will be empty for a week and I didn't want you to be looking for it."

"Thanks!"

as we were talking, George's car pulled up to my driveway and honked a few times. I waved to him then said bye to Tommy. I ran to get my suitcase and bag then put it in the back of George's car hopping into the passenger seat.

-

[ Later that day - 5:30 PM ]

I've been laying around on George's couch as he plays Minecraft in his room. Brandon had texted me a few times and I got to know him better. He's 16, born on January 9, and he has two younger siblings.

Surprisingly he lived by a pizza hut near George's home. So we planned to meet up. Not a date or anything just to hang out.

I put on my shoes then went to George's room. I popped my head in and said that I'm going out. 

"where are you going?"

"pizza hut"

"why?"

"I'm meeting up with someone."

"who?"

"some guy."

"Lia"

"His name is Brandon, he's my age. I'll be home before 7:30. and no I'm not going on a date."

"Okay, fine, have fun, be careful, text me if you need something."

I nod then start making my way to the store

[ Tommy's POV: ]

"His name is Brandon, he's my age. I'll be home before 7:30. and no I'm not going on a date."

"Okay, fine, have fun, be careful, text me if you need something."

I was on VC with George and Dream when we heard Lalia come into his room. I guess he forgot to mute since we heard the entire conversation. heh, who's this Brandon guy? I brush it off for now but it circles in my head. I'm not jealous of course, I'm not. just surprised I guess...

we continued to talk after but my mind was fuzzy. I'm not jealous no-no-no. I can't be.

-
published: 10/17/20
Y'all watch the festival streams? Holy crap, it was something for sure. Niki fr made me feel emotions with her acting.
-