*Chapter 6: upfront*

[ 1 Month Later - September 7th ]
Lalia's POV:

"you've got to be kidding me Brandon, how did you break your board?!"

"I'm telling you I'm a lot heavier than I seem." He laughs

It's been a month since George's loh and some things have changed. Brandon and I are dating now! I took Tommy's advice and went for it. I'm really glad I did. Our one month is coming up in a few days and I couldn't be happier.

The only ones who know about us are my family, his family, and Devyn. I haven't told Tommy yet which feels kinda weird of me. I mean he is the one who gave me the advice.

Brandon and I are walking back to my house from the park. He's teaching me how to skate and it's really fun. Not just because I'm hanging out with him.

We pass by Tommy's house and see him and Eryn hanging by his front porch.

"Hey, Tommy and Eryn!" I waved

"Oh hey Lalia! I was botta go, I see you guys later!" Eryn said running to his home. I shrugged it off then went to talk to Tommy, Brandon walking with me.

"What's up li's." Tommy smiled

"Hey innit, this is Brandon. I don't think you've guys have met before."

[ Tommy's POV: ]

I went to go shake Brandon's hand to say hi, but he had this glare at me.

"Hey, Thomas. Nice to meet you." I shook his hand

"Brandon. Lia's boyfriend. Heard lots about you, Tommy." He said staring at me

Does this guy hate me or something? I awkwardly laugh it off and leave them to their doings. I don't like this Brandon kid. He better be treating lia right.

All I want is for her to be happy. I'll be keeping my eye on Brandon. He doesn't give me the right vibes. Maybe it's because I'm slightly jealous. But who wouldn't be?

I've been crushing on lia for a while, but only have known it since that night she asked me for advice. And whenever we hang out I have the urge to tell her. But I cant now, it'll ruin things.

Tubbo and Eryn are the only ones that know about my feelings. We're gonna keep it that way. I mean she seems happy with him, and that's all I want For her. But that doesn't mean I like Brandon.

They had gone into her home and I couldn't shake the feeling of jealously off of me. I went inside my home and started streaming. I need to get distracted.

Tubbo noticed I was acting differently, not my usual self. So after the stream, we stayed on call and talked. Tubbo has a way with his words. It's calming.

I explained to him what happened earlier today. And how I've been feeling for weeks now.

"You should have told her while you could of." Tubbo started

"But she had a crush on Brandon already. It would just be a jerk move of me."

"Whenever you talk about her you get so happy Tommy. I've never seen you like a girl this much before."

"I don't know either tubbo. But all I do know is she seems happy. If she's happy, I'll be happy too."

"Yeah, I guess so. It'll all be okay in the end Tommy. You'll get the girl."

"Ha thanks tubbo. I'll talk to you later."

"Alright, byee Tommy."

"Bye toob."

Tubbo's right, everything will be okay. I went through Twitter and replied to a few tweets. I went through my DM's and saw a new one from someone named Devyn. I wondered who could this be because I have my DM's off for people I don't follow.

But looking through her account it's Lia's bestfriend.

I opened the message and read her texts.

"Hey Tommy, this is Devyn. Lia's bestfriend. Idk if you remember me but I'm the girl who called you tubbo when I first met you. Anyways her new boyfriend, Brandon? He's a huge dick. I don't trust him a single bit. Pls, I can't keep my eye on them, but I know you can. Tell me if anything seems fishy. Thanks"

Looks like Devyn and I had the same idea, I replied with, "I got bad vibes from him too, I'll keep you updated."

I feel like a fool for caring so much. What if I'm doing the wrong thing and I'm doing this because of jealously. It's stupid right? But then again even Devyn thinks something is wrong with this kid.

It's around 10 pm and Lia called me. We've been having these nightly talks once every few weeks. She felt like she was hanging with Brandon too much and not enough time with her other friends. So this is how we fixed it.

I'm glad nothing is awkward, talking to her tonight, she seemed so happy. Made me smile. We talked for a good hour or two, saying how our day was and arguing about random things. I always look forward to these calls.

She hasn't streamed in a while and her fans miss her, she's been offline on her social media's too besides insta and her private Twitter alt.

"You should sleep now small l, you sound tired." I say

"Yeah, Brandon taught me how to skateboard today. It's a lot harder than it looks."

"You fell a lot didn't you?"

"How'd you know?!"

"You fall all the time walking, it's no coincidence."

"Oh shut up, I miss playing Minecraft with you innit."

"I miss playing with you too, we should squad stream sometime."

"We should, imma head to bed. I had fun talking."

"Me too, goodnight lia. Sleep well."

"Night Tommy."

-
Published: 10/20/20
-