Kingston

The doctor turns my world upside down. one minute you can be the happiest you've ever been and the next well, it crumbles at your feet and there isn't a thing you can do about it.

Ayda squeezes my hand as we take in the news that maverick has leukemia! My ears start to ring and I feel sick I'm not even sure what the doctors are saying because I have no idea how to keep it together at this point. Another squeeze comes from her and I look up and tune back in.

"Childhood leukemi is one of the most common type of cancer in children, it is a cancer of the white blood cells." He tells us.  "Abnormal white blood cells form in the bone marrow. ... As tough as it is for a child to have cancer, it's good to know that most children with childhood leukemia can be successfully treated ., and we need to start right away."

"Oh my gosh" Ayda cries. "We need to give him a bone marrow transplant we feel this will help stable him." Another doctor says. "Is there anything I can do?" I ask finally snapping out of my shock. "Yes Mr. Anderson, I would advise you and your family members to donate bone marrow maybe one of them or even your self could be a match, Mrs. Anderson I would advise you not seeing you are very pregnant." 

He stands with a regretfully smile and shakes our hands "I will do everything I can for him." He says leaving us standing alone in the empty room, all the doctors following him. That's it?

I turn and take Ayda in my arms and hug her tight, I kiss the top of her head and we both cry for a minute. I pull back and really look at her. "We are going to be okay! Maverick is going to be okay" she hugs me hard as my tears just keep falling.

I wipe my face "let's go see our baby. "Yeah our baby" she say.

Maverick is still not himself but was so happy to see us. We played with him, read books, and just held him. When I left to go donate my bone marrow, him and Ayda were sleeping in the rocking chair.

I love this woman she has been here the entire time she has to be exhausted pregnant with twins, on her feet most of the day and hasn't left mavericks side for a minute. I didn't even think about correcting the doctors when they called her Mrs. Anderson it fits her.

"Stop staring and go I will keep my eye on them." My mom says to me rubbing my back, she folds me in a hug and I take every bit of love she's giving me I need it.