Chapter 2

I felt someone shaking me awake. I shook them off of me and turned around nestling back under the covers. "Y/N, wake up." I felt another shake.

"What do you want." I mumbled. I rolled over, but keept my eyes shut.

"Honey, we need to go shopping. School starts tomorrow." a soft voice said.

I was drifting off to sleep when I felt a bright light shine on me. "Dad, wwwhhhhyyyyy." I grumbled as he pulled my window curtains back revealing the sun.

"Because, we have stuff to do. Now, chop chop." he said with a wave of his hand. I rolled out of my bed, grumpily and was getting dressed when mom came in. She set what looked like a dress on my bed. I eyed her with a puzzled look on my face.

"For you." I still didn't understand. "Us wizards don't wear the normal clothes. We like to..." she was thinking of the right word to say "...spice things us a bit." she winked and left the room. I walked over to my bed and picked up the dress looking piece of clothing. As I held it up, it unfolded. What the bloody hell. She really wants me to go out wearing what I assume to be a robe.

I peeked out my room and screamed, "YOU GUYS REALLY THINK IM GOING TO WEAR THAT GOD AWFUL ROBE," and shut the door. I put on a pair of black leggings and a sort of cropped top and a pair of white sneakers.

I walked slowly down the stairs and walked to the kitchen. Likewise, there was a coffee sitting for me which I greatly needed. I took it and gulped it down. I heard hurried footsteps running down the stairs. "Y/N. come now, we must leave." Mom said taking my hand and walking me towards the fireplace.

"Mum. I'm pretty sure the door is that way." I said pointing towards the front door.

"Honey, I know that." she said. She grabbed something from inside the fireplace. She took it out, it was a vase with what looked like ash in it. "This is called floo powder." she said pointing to the vase which she placed down. "This is how we are going to be traveling."

"Okay?" I replied. "How do we use it?"

" Grab some floo in your hand." I did, following her directions. "Stand in the fireplace, yell DIAGON ALLEY and throw the floo powder on the floor." I walked past her toward the fireplace and lifted my hand.

"Also, don't forget to say it very clearly." Dad appeared.

I lifted my hand and yelled, "DIAGON ALLEY," and threw the powder on the floor. It felt like someone grabbed me and pulled my backwards. I felt my stomach turning. And just when it started, it ended. I did not feel good, I didn't know where I was but ran to the nearest garbage bin. I emptied my stomach and saw mom and dad running towards me.

"Floo powder does that to you." Dad said matter-of-factly.

They both took my hands and started walking.

"And here we are. Diagon Alley." mom said. I haven't had the chance to look up. But when I did, I was amazed.

"Bloody hell." I exclaimed, with a look of astonishment.

"Language!" Mom and Dad said.

"Sorry" I replied still looking upwards. I finally realized all the people were all wearing the robes. I felt very out of place.

"Maybe I should've worn the robe." I said to Mom. She handed me something.

"Brought it for you just in case." she whispered into my ear. I threw it on quickly.

"Thanks Mum" I whispered back. She replied by smiling.

"Okay. First things first. Ollivanders!" Dad exclaimed, clapping his hands together. We walked up to an odd looking store and walked in. There was an oldish looking man there. "Garrick!" Dad said and walked up and hugged the man.

"Liam!" he replied, with the same tone and hugged him back. Patting his back.

"Garrick." Mom said and too hugged him.

"Nice to finally see you, Pam" he said. " And who do we have here?" he turned to me.

"Y/N" I said extending my hand to him. He took it and shook it.

"We need a wand, Garrick." Dad said to the man.

" I will see what I can do." the man said and walked to the back of the store.

"Honey, you must do this on your own. We will be right at the shop next door." Dad said. and with that him and Mom walked out. Garrick returned with a box and opened it up. It revealed a beautiful wand.

He took it out of the box and said, " This here is a 9 inch long, made of hazel, and possesses a dragon heartstring core." he handed it to me. "Now give it a nice flick." I did. Next thing I know the glass to the front doors shattered. "Definitely not that one." He took it from me quickly so that I didn't damage it further. He walked into the back and appeared with another wand. "This here is a 9 3/4 inch long, made of elder, and possesses a dragon heartstring core." I took the wand from him and mimicked what I did before. But instead of breaking something, it in fact fixed up the entire store. Everything that was broken fixed back up, including the door, and a light flickered on,  and he was staring at me in utter shock. "Well, haven't had that happen for a while. Actually come to think of it, it has been quite some time. Only powerful wizards can do that much their first time flicking a wand." He took it from me satisfied, placed it in the box and handed it back to me.

"So, how much is this?" you asked holding up the box.

"Well considering you just fixed my whole store, I am going to give it to you free of charge." he said. "Also, tell your parents that we have some catching up to do." he said to me and ushered me out.

I started to walk when I ran into something big. I looked down and saw a giant foot. I followed that foot up with my eyes and it interlocked with a huge man.

"I'm sorry" you said a scurried off.

"Wai' a minute." the huge man called and followed me with a little boy, too, following him , "yeh don' happen ter be Harpis' daugh'er ?" he asked me.

"Yes I am." I replied.

"Ahh, yeh see, I knew 'em mesself." he said.

"Really?" I asked. I then looked to the boy, who was looking upwards, wide-eyed at the scenery. "Beautiful. I know right" you said to him also looking upwards.

"Yes." the big man replied. "This 'er is Arry Potter. A firs' year too" He said as he saw I was talking to the boy.

"Nice to meet you." I extended my hand. He shook it. "I'm Y/N Harpis" I said. I couldn't help but feel like I saw him before. He looked oddly familiar but I could put my finger on it.

"Have I met you before?" the boy named Harry asked.

Hey guys. So this chapter was kind of long. It is about 1000 words, which I am surprised I even wrote that much, lol. Anyways, I hope you guys are enjoying this story. It is going to pick up in a few chapters, but these next few chapters are going to build the friendship with Ron, Harry and Hermione. Also with Fred and George.