Chapter 7

Spell Glossary

Finite Incantatem-- A counter-spell for most minor jinxes and hexes.

Expelliarmus--Disarming spell; it knocks the victim's weapon (usually a wand) out of his/her hands.

Stupefy-- A charm that stunned the target, rendering them unconscious.

Crucio--the Torture Curse- One of the most powerful and sinister spells known to Wizardkind. When cast successfully the curse inflicted intense, excruciating pain on the victim.

I ran down the stairs to the common room to find that neither Hermione, Harry nor Ron was there.  I found Neville on the ground though.

"OMG, Neville what happened!" I exclaimed, running over to help him up.

"Hermione happened," he sighed.

"Here let me help you," I took out my wand and pointed it to  him, "Finite Incantatem!" I chanted. He became un-stiff and stood up. "Do you mind telling me where she went?" I asked.

"I don't know, but she went out of the common room along with Ron and Harry," he said, rubbing his arms.

"Thanks Neville you really are the best," I said and ran out of the common room as well. I hadn't realized the temperature when I ran out of the common room and found myself shivering when I first stepped out. I couldn't go back and grab a jumper though, I needed to find them first. I ran down a few flights of stairs and soon I was on the third floor. I ran down the corridor and whipped around the corner, when I was met with something hard.

"Blimey Y/N, you need to watch where you are going," someone said, chuckling.

"Sorry, my bad," I said, looking up tp find none other than Cedric. "Hey, what are you doing down here?" I asked him.

"Erm......." was all he could manage to say. I stood there waiting for his answer, fiddling with my thumbs

"You know what, I don't have time for this," I said, starting to walk away from him.

"Wait," Cedric stopped me.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Take my jumper. It's freezing down here and I can see you have goosebumps already," he offered.

"No Cedric really I have to ge-" but before I could finish my sentence he hurled a jumper towards me.

"Now go on, and no need to thank me, we are practically brother and sister," he joked, nudging my shoulder.

"Thank you Ced," I gave him a quick hug and ran off.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I ran to the door that would reveal the three headed dog, to find it was slightly ajar. Must've been Hermione. I walked in, and the dog was fast asleep to the music from a harp, that was enchanted to keep playing. I walked quietly and slowly around the dog to get to the trap door. I was just about to lift the door when a big blob of dog slobber ran down my hair. I slowly looked up terrified, knowing what was above me.

I came face to face with the three dog heads, and as calmly as I could took out my wand. I pointed it towards the harp to distract the dogs as I slowly lifted the trapdoor. I managed to lift it all the way and jump down it, as I heard the dogs barking above me.

I landed into a big pile of.... Well I don't really know what it is. I tried climbing out of it but whatever it was kept pulling me down. Aha, I must be devils snare. Remain calm, remain calm. I kept saying to myself.