Chapter 5

It's the day before Halloween and I couldn't be more excited. I walked into the great hall for lunch and spotted Harry and Ron, Hermione headed to the library to get another book to read. I walked up and sat down next to Ron/

Neither him nor Harry acknowledged my presence so I put my chin on Ron's shoulder and stated, "Watcha talking about."

"The first flying lessons are today." Ron replied resting his head on mine.

"FLYING?!?" I yelled. This caused Ron to yelp in pain and rub his head.

"Imagine not knowing what flying is?" Fred said snickering as him and George walked by.

" Yeah, come on Harpis, why don't you say it louder." George said, chuckling as well.

" Oh bugger off." I said laughing as George ruffled my hair and Fred gave me a wink.

"So how does one fly." I questioned, deep in thought.

"On a broomstick of course." Ron said, a little too loud.

"Oh of course, I remember, since I've flown countless times." I said sarcastically which made them laugh. We all finished eating and headed out for our lesson.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I stood next to Ron and Hermione to the right of my broomstick.

""Stick out your right hand over your broom and yell UP." Madam Hooch said.

Soon everyone was saying up.

"Up.... Up." I said it twice and the broomstick flew into my hand. I turned to Hermione who was struggling a bit. Then I turned to Ron just in time to see the broomstick wack him in the face. This caused me and Harry to burst into laughter.

"Shut up you guys." Ron said rubbing his nose. Once everyone had their broomsticks in their  hand Madam Hooch gave us the next instructions.

" When I blow my whistle, you kick off from the ground. Hard," she instructed. Everyone waited for the whistle. And waited.  "Longbottom what are you doing. Get back here this instant!" she yelled after him. WHAM.THUD THUD. Next thing I know Neville was being rushed to the hospital wing.

""Did you see his face, the great lump?" I heard Draco sneer. "Look!" said Malfoy, darting forward and snatching something out of the grass. "It's that stupid thing Longbottom's gran sent him."

"Give it here Malfoy!" Harry said walking up to him.

"Or what." Draco said glaring at Harry.

"Or we will tell Mcgonagall and you will get a detention." I said walking behind Harry.

"Ooohhh so scarry." Draco said waving his hands in surrender . And with that he took off with his broom Harry right behind him. 

"What. An. Idiot." Hermione said. I nodded in agreement with her.

They came back a few minutes later, Harry and caught the remembral in his hand and came off his broomstick. Draco landed after him looking angered and embarrassed. We all ran and congratulated Harry. Thats until Mcgonagall came out and took him away. 

"D' Reckon he's gonna get expelled?" I asked.

"No way." Ron shook his head, "Not possible." he said confidently.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

We were in the Great Hall for dinner. Fred and George were seeing how fast they could eat their dinner. I was laughing so hard I was slapping my hands on my knees and eventually needed to grasped Ron's shoulder for support. Hermione was rolling her eyes, but I eventually got her to laugh as well. Then in the middle of nowhere someone yanked the back of my robes and pulled me back, making me almnost fall off my seat. I turned around and swatted whatever did that.