Chapter 4

Hi guys. Just a little index.

F/L/N-- first letter of your name.

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock. I turned to shut it off but realized it wasn't turning off. I opened my eyes to see Hermione standing right in front of me.

"For the love of god Y/N." Hermione said.

"Whhattt do you wannnttt." I grumbled into my pillow.

"Blimey, get up, we need to get ready, it is the first day of class!" she exclaimed.

" What time is it even?" I asked.

"Exactly.." she lifted her wrist to reveal a watch"... a quarter to seven." she replied matter-of-factly.

"UGH. Hermione, you know classes don't start until 9 o'clock." I said grumpily.

"I know but we have a lot to prepare for." she shrugged.

I got up very angry and changed into my robes. I decided to put my hair into a half up half down. I grabbed my bag and headed down to breakfast with Hermione. It was now 7:30 when we made it to breakfast. There we were greeted by Professor Mcgonagall, who handed us our timetable. Me and Hermione discussed our classes and timetables and how excited we were for classes until more people started arriving.

Fred, George and some other guy were the first boys, other than the first years who arrived. They all looked very tired and kept stumbling over their own feet. They slumped into the seats right next to me and Hermione. The person I haven't met yet kept falling asleep but would wake up every time his head fell out of his hands. Meanwhile, the twins were sitting quietly, eating their food. That is, until they saw me looking at them.

"So-" one of them said to me and Hermione.

"-are you guys excited." the other said. 

I shrugged and replied, "Would be more excited, if she didn't wake me up at the bloody crack of dawn." I raised my eyebrows towards Hermione. 

She scoffed at this and replied, "Well if I hadn't gotten you up, we would be scrambling to our classes." I don't know how me and her are already fighting, we just met last night. Thats a good thing. Right? 

Anyways, Fred and George chuckled at us bickering and said simultaneously, "You guys fight like an old married couple." and at this we all laughed.

" Wait." I said, stopping the laughter. "How is it possible to tell you to apart?" I asked the twins. That is when their friend popped into the conversation.

"You see." he said, "Fred has a small cut in is eyebrow." he told me pointing to the guy sitting next to Hermione. "and George has a slight bump on his nose." he pointed out to the guy sitting right next to me.

"Oh, see that is very useful information." I exclaimed laughing at Fred and George's shocked faces. "I'm Y/N Harpis. And you are?"

"Blimey. You're a Harpis!" he practically yelled. The whole hall glanced at us for a quick second then went back to eating and chatting.  "She must be mad talented." he said talking to Fred and George. "Oh. I am Lee. Lee Jordan. Nice to meet you." he said with a smile.

"Likewise." I replied mimicking his expression. We talked all about our classes and they told me and Hermione (who rolled her eyes and continued reading her book)  all about the pranks they pulled which interested me a ton. They offered to teach us how to pull pranks. I accepted but Hermione didn't. I was in a deep conversation with them when Hermione dragged me away to our first class. Something about, "If we are the first ones there, we will get a great spot." I bid them farewell as I managed to grab a piece of toast before being completely dragged away.

We were, in fact, the first ones there.

"See Hermione. We really didn't need to run all the way here." I said as we walked into the classroom, catching our breath. "The teacher isn/t even here yet.

"Whatever Y/N. At least we're here." she replied as she set her stuff down to the table in the very front. I plopped down into the seat next to her. More people started to show up a few minutes later.

"Hey. Hermione?" I asked.

"Yes?" she questioned turning to face me.

"I was wondering if I could call you 'Mione instead of Hermione because even though we just met, I feel like we have been friends for forever."

" I do feel like we have been friends forever to F/L/N." she replied and hugged me. A few seconds later we heard two boys run into the class.

"Thank god Mcgonagall isn't here." one said. I recognized that voice as Ron's. I turned my head.

"Well boys." I stood up and crossed my arms right as they got to my table. They smiled at me. 

"Hi Y/N" they both said.

"You are so lucky the teacher isn't here. It's the first day how could you possibly late. And fix your ties." I whisper yell pointing towards their ties, then sat back down.

"See, that is why I woke you up early." Hermione whispered to me just as the cat transformed into the teacher and was making her way towards Ron and Harry. I nugged her shoulder and laughed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time skip 

The first week felt a lot shorter than I expected. I learned a lot about my classes though and was very super excited to learn more throughout the year. Me and Hermione sat next to each other in every class. She was just as excited as I was. We were currently in our dorm chatting about all the classes.

"I am really excited to learn in charms!" I squealed.

"Me too." she agreed. "I think we should go to bed, though. It is very late and we need to be up early tomorrow." she said. I turned to the clock 10:30 p.m

"Okay wait. Before we go to bed." I started. I turned in my bed to face her bed. " Is there anyone that you, you know, fancy?" Once I asked that question I knew we were going to talk for at least another 30 minutes.

"Actually not really." she replied, too, turning to face my bed.

"Oh come on Hermione. Not even one?" I asked disappointed.

"Nope." she replied flat out. "But do you?" she asked raising her eyebrows.

" Maybe." I replied.

"Tell me who." she said, her voice seeming to get ready to make fun of me.

" Erm. Maybe. Erm. oneofthetwins." I mumbled out.

"What?" she asked.

" ONE OF THE TWINS." I yelled back.

"Which one?" she asked again

" I think maybe Fred." I replied.

"No way." she said giggling. "We have literally spoken to them once. How could you fancy him already."

"I don't know 'Mione. I just do." I said groaning and placing my head in my hands.

"It's okay. I won't tell anyone alright. I pinky promise." she held out her pinky.

I took it with my pink and kissed my hand as she did hers. "Thank you 'Mione." I said sincerely. "Goodnight." I said and shut out my lamp.

"Goodnight." she replied.

Hey guys. Sorry I updated so late, and with a terrible chapter. I have had to much work this week and my Birthday just passed, so I haven't had time to update. I hope this chapter is good, there was a time skip in the middle there. The start of the next chapter will also have a time skip. I probably won't be able to update for another few days because I have a big test coming on Monday and really need to study. Thank you for understanding enjoy <3