Chapter 5: The First Step Part 2

(3rd POV)

In the Emerald Forest, where a black bird is flying slowly and magnificently, right up to the moment it gives a final shriek and Ruby crashes through it in a burst of feathers as she plummets downward. "Birdie, no!" Ruby screamed. Ruby fires off a few rounds from Crescent Rose to slow her down, then turns the weapon into its scythe form to catch the branch of a tree in her blade and fall downward at a slower pace.

Weiss, armed with Myrtenaster, summons a white snowflake circle under her and leaps off of it to the forest below.

Ren descends with Nora Valkyrie briefly being seen next to him at a faster speed and spins in the air, eventually using StormFlower's blades to spiral around the trunk of a large tree and hit the ground, brushing off his clothes before looking up to see... "Woo-hoo! Yeah! Alley-oop!" Yang said.

Yang, soaring right over the treetops, is using her gauntlets and its fiery force to push her through the air further and further north, spinning and laughing with each blast, even when she crashes through the leaves of a tree and leaps off two trunks to tumble to the ground. "Nailed it!" Yang said as she then ran off.

Pyrrha, her weapon in sword form and armed with a shield, crashes through several trees and rolls on a branch, immediately shifting her blade into a rifle and looking through the scope at Jaune as he continues to scream and fall helplessly with no way to land safely.

Pyrrha coolly transforms her weapon again to its spear form, takes a moment to evaluate her throw, and rockets the javelin deep into the forest until a "THUNK!" is heard. "Thank you!" Jaune yelled from a far, but could still be heard. "I'm sorry!" Pyrrha yelled, waving to him.

Felix holds his arms out as he presses his middle and ring finger on his palm making blades pop out of his gauntlets. He sees him getting closer and closer to an area with high trees so he holds his arms out and when he gets close to one Felix stabs the blades into the trunk of the tree. He then leaps off the tree to jump onto a smaller tree and continued this process until he was on the ground.

Amelia looks as the others fall while she smirks as she uses her wings to land safely on the ground. She looks as she spreads them out and begins walking forward. "Thank you wings." Amelia said as she took out her sword and then began looking for her new partner.

Luke was falling to the ground not at all alarmed how fast he was moving down and how much force he was picking up as he got closer and closer to the ground. Once close enough he suddenly vanished and then seemed to appear out of thin air on the ground. He takes out two guns from holsters under his trench coat and begins walking into the forest keeping an eye on his surroundings.

Bruce was still in the air waiting until he got closer and closer to the ground and then aimed the palm of his down towards the ground. Suddenly electricity shot out of them which slowed down his descent allowing him to land on the ground safely. Bruce then takes out his sword and runs into the forest ready to face what comes.

In the middle of the forest, Ruby lands in a crouch, then darts off with a single mantra in her mind. "Gotta find Yang or Amelia! Gotta find Yang or Amelia, gotta find Yang, gotta find Amelia, gotta find..." Ruby was thinking in her head as she ran. "Yang! Amelia! Guys!" Ruby shouts. Seeing that she can't find her sister or cousin Ruby is now seeing herself partnered with various people in her head.

"Oh, this is bad, this is really bad... What if I can't find them? What if someone finds them first? Well, there's always Jaune. He's nice. He's funny! ...I don't think he's very good in a fight, though. Ooh! What about Blake?! So mysterious, so calm... Plus she likes books! Then again, I'm not sure I'd be able to hold a conversation with her. Well maybe Bruce, we do work well together... But, he seems to not like it when I get too close to him, physical contact wise. Felix? He does seem nice, but I think Amelia will probably hate me for taking her crush from her." Ruby thought in her head.