Chapter 10: The Badge and The Burden Part 2

(3rd POV)

After getting changed into her normal attire and getting Myrtenaster, Weiss returned to Port's classroom readying her Myrtenaster at the growling creature in the cage barely seen at the end of the last episode. Her teammates cheer her on from their seats in the front row.

Yang Xiao Long started cheering with her raising her fist. "Goooo, Weiss!" Yang cheered. Blake Belladonna is waving a small flag saying "RWBY" on it. "Fight well!" Blake cheered. "Yeah, represent Teeeeam RWBY!" Ruby cheered. Weiss Schnee lowers her rapier and looks over at her "leader" and glares at her. "Ruby! I'm trying to focus!" Weiss said. "Oh, um... Sorry..." Ruby apologized looking sheepish.

A row behind the rest of Team RWBY was Team BLAK who watched the exchange. "Sheesh harsh." Felix said. "It appears Ruby is Weiss' biggest fan, but not the other way around." Luke said. "I thought you said Weiss was trying to be a better person." Amelia said now looking at Bruce who looked at the heiress questioning if he should doubt what she told him. "I thought she said she would." Bruce said.

"Allllright!" Port said standing next to the cage, pulling out his trusty weapon Blowhard. "Let the match... begin!" Port said. The professor swings down and breaks the lock, dropping the cage door and revealing the Boarbatusk inside, which immediately charges at Weiss.

She uses Myrtenaster to deflect its attack and roll to the side, readying herself for its next move. The Grimm stands a distance away from its enemy, studying her. "Ha-ha! Wasn't expecting that, were you?" Port asked. "Hang in there, Weiss!" Ruby yelled to her teammate.

Weiss is now speeding towards the oncoming Boarbatusk, sticking her blade straight at its skull until they meet and Myrtenaster is trapped in the beast's tusks. Weiss is still hanging on to the hilt, and is tossed around as she struggles to get the rapier back. "Bold, new approach. I like it!" Port said. "Come on, Weiss, show it who's boss!" Ruby yells at the girl.

Weiss turns to glare at Ruby which doesn't go unnoticed to everyone, especially Bruce who looks at her with a voice whispering in the back of his head that is telling him the opposite of what he wants to believe in his sort of friend(?)'s words from the other day.

Taking this opportunity the Boarbatusk turns its head and rips the sword from her grip. Myrtenaster lands far away from its master, who is knocked back by the creature's tusks. "Oh-ho! Now what will you do without your weapon?" Port asks the girl.

Weiss looks up just in time to see the Boarbatusk charge again, rolling out of the way just in time to avoid getting trampled and making it crash into a desk. Weiss rushes at her sword and slides to get it back in her hand. "Weiss! Go for its belly! There's no armor underneath-" Ruby tries to shout out a suggestion until Weiss turns to her teammate completely irritated. "Stop telling me what to do!" Weiss yells.

Ruby looks hurt at Weiss' rebuttal while Bruce looks at her surprised by what the Ice Queen yelled. "Well I guess actions speak louder than words. Although in this case words speak louder... than... words? I don't know what I was trying to say. Should I try a different term here?" Amelia asks herself. "I get what you were trying to say." Felix said, giving her a comforting pat on the back that brightens up Amelia's spirit.

Meanwhile, the Boarbatusk leaps into the air and rolls into a ball, spinning rapidly in the air and landing on the ground, consistently gaining speed until it launches itself at Weiss. It comes closer and closer, but Weiss activates one of her blue-white circles and blocks the roll, leaping up into the now-black snowflake symbol and turning it blue again so she can drive the blade into the Boarbatusk's stomach. It squeals and falls silent while Weiss gasps in relief.