CHAPTER FOUR: TEAM CRISIS

Present day, San Francisco.

Taking off her shoes could not stop her from pacing the sitting room of the pent house. Of all the places the universe reduced her to, a pent house suit was the worse. Nothing disturbed her more than the news of the wolf escaping her again. She wanted to kill him the moment she saw him. He was to blame for her family's demise. He betrayed his kind and worked with those hunter years ago.

Seeing as they found him with yellow wolfs bane, it would not surprise her if he still worked for them. The wolf had no shame or honor. It was no wonder he was an omega.

Her family had done a good job staying hidden. They weren't all that known by even those of the supernatural world. He led the hunters to them. It was his fault her family was gone.

"You should seat down Chloe," Tina voiced lazily from the couch. She nonchalantly flipped through a fashion magazine.

She knew Chloe would eventually sit when she was tired. She should know by now by torturing herself with memories of her family would do her know good. When Tina found Chloe covered dark blood crawling away from the ruins of a burning building years ago, she never thought she would keep her. Kitsune work better alone; it was more fun that way.

However, she saved her. She took Chloe to her clan temple in Hong Kong, where she recovered slowly. It took about a year for her to talk, and when she did; it was because she was hungry. The temple staff had not encountered her kind in years, but they knew just what to do. Wendigos are very hungry things that loved human flesh as she did playing with them. Their appetite is nearly insatiable when they transform.

The temple soldiers had to hunt bears in the snowy mountain to feed Chloe the flesh and still she was hungry. Luckily, she did not eat any of the temple soldier because her father place her in chains like a guard dog.

Her father was the clan chief. He was not so happy about her bringing Chloe into his home. He only accepted her when she fed on the bodies of his enemies instead of the wild beast. Yet he wasn't particularly please with their frequent trips to America either. Which is why now things were getting serious, they lived here?

Facially it would appear Chloe was much older; she had three children before they were all killed. However Tina was older by over fifty years yet she didn't look a day over sixteen. When she was told what she really was, it made total sense.

Her father wasn't really her father, he was actually her nephew, but no outsider knew that. Their clan were ghosts anyway. Known only to those who use their services.

Governments, organization, conglomerates, terrorist groups, security companies; they were the people her clan worked with.

"We'll find it." She encouraged Chole, who took a seat at the other end of the couch. "I know it's still out there somewhere." She dropped the magazine and stretching her small form on the couch.

"How can we do that now," Chloe breathed out. "We have no idea where it is, and you lost our only lead."

"Relaaaax, I just need to go on a little road trip," she smirks and gets up to go to her room.

"Beacon Hills," Chloe scoffs. "For a fox you would be foolish to go waltzing into the wolf's den. It won't work."

"It's Scott Mc call Chloe, he'll have someone at the school at least."

* * *

Months after Alison's death.
San Francisco.

His phone flash light was not bright enough for the foggy room he found himself in. He had searched this house for days and only noticed the door in the wall today. Nobody would be home for another hour, he knew that much from watching this family.