CHAPTER TWELVE: RETRIBUTION

Present day, Beacon hills,

Hayden walked back inside holding shopping bags of things she need while she was here. She still hadn't called her sister; she couldn't explain her recent behavior of coming back to beacon hill. They agreed never to come back to the cursed city again. The difference between Hayden and her sister was she knew Beacon Hills was not cursed. There were supernatural creatures lurking around with hunters to kill them off.

It wasn't up to five years when she moved out of Beacon Hills when the Supernatural network started. Scott McCall had come up with several ways of hiding conversation across a supernatural channel they now had. They trained young supernaturals to understand the coded language they were taught to keep it hidden. Even if it was discovered, they would be ways to self destruct. The frequency of the network was incredibly low, but high enough for them.

The first few months were challenging. Wolves ad trouble with the network. You would hear so much at the same time. They had to be attuned to picking out what they hear. Even with technology, no one outside the supernatural can hear the message. Hayden suspected witches were involved. She headed towards her room, checking to see if Liam was close by. It had been forever since they spoke, but she was too scared to face him now.

After Hyden left, she knew Liam must have been miserable. He was more than willing to leave with her, but she knew Scott needed at least one of his original beta next to him. In senior year she heard the story of Monroe and how Scott McCall defeated the hunters. Liam's name was mentioned, apparently he was bullied by the entire school. Hayden felt guilty then. Not even her sister could cheer her up. She knew Liam needed her, yet she couldn't go to him.

Hayden shut the door to her room, dropping the bags on the nearest chair. She jumped on the bed face first. How long would she continue like this? Liam was in this house right now, she could find him and apologize. She sat up, reminding herself why she never came back all these years. Hayden avoided his games if they happened in the same town she was in. She knew he would hate her, but she didn't want to experience that hate. Hayden cared what Liam thought of her.

This was exhausting she decided she would go out and take a walk. She wished she had any friends to visit, but her only friends were Liam and Mason. Where was Mason anyway? He deleted his Facebook account after highschool but she found him on Instagram few months later. It may have been weird, but she Stalked her friends on social media a lot. She decided she would check on Mason when she cleared her head.

She closed her door at the same time as Isaac's few feet away. He didn't acknowledge her, just slung a bag on his shoulders and walked away. What was he up to?

"Hey," Hayden called, but he ignored her. "Isaac!"

Isaac halted his steps. What did she want now? He turned his head and forced a smile, but Hayden noted his eyes. She had seen it too many times, all those nights she would cry for days when she heard Liam got hurt. She would stay in her room and talk to no one. Her sister signed her up for therapy, but she never went. She wasn't depressed; she felt something much worse, and Isaac reeked of it. Guilt!

"You smell terrible," She told him, reading his chemo signals like Scott taught her.

Isaac said nothing, and Hayden used the time to catch up to him.

"I was going to go for a walk, come with me." She eyed his bag which she was now sure carried weapons she could smell the gunpowder.

"Sorry Kid, I'm busy." Isaac answered and moved to walk away.

"No, you're not, You're running." Hayden yelled, stopping him. "Look I know you have your reasons but it's not worth it."

Hayden took his bag as he thought of his next action. He did not stop her, which meant he thought so too. Good. Hayden opened his door and threw the bag inside.