CHAPTER NINETEEN: REMATCH

The Yukimura's Home, Beacon Hills.

The night of the storm, Kira was meditating in the dōjō. it was a small room with a transparent ceiling, so she could see everything above her. The structure of this building was like that of a temple. Her parents built this place for her anytime she felt like visiting because they knew she would like her space. Her fox spirit was still dangerous. The building was just behind the main house. Most people had seen this place as her mother's way of paying homage to her homeland, but Kira saw it differently.

While the storm shook the town, she thought about her different meetings with Isaac. She had asked for his help many times, but it was mostly because he was accessible. They had been looking into the same thing. Both Kira and Isaac had feared that one day the Nogitsune would be free again.

Her mother sermoned the demon and passed on the responsibility of destroying it to her. She had lost control of her powers for years and still working towards containing it, but she ever forgot her mission. That deity would come for her too, and so she waited patiently.

Kira sat still on her knees, her sword hung on the wall in front of her. The wall of the wear simple brown wood. Aside from the flowerpots and the red carpet at the entrance, the room was very boring. Yet Kira enjoyed it here. It was peaceful. Being away from civilization taught her the importance of spirituality and inner peace. It wasn't in vogue but she loved the feeling it gave her.

She could feel the corrupted energy coming towards their home, but it did not bother her. Kira was more concerned with defeating this evil. Isaac had proposed a formidable plan but from her experience. The plan never works when it was them. Something always went wrong. She was convinced Issac had a plan B but could not guess what it was.

It had been fun playing with the nine-tailed fox, but it was time for the game to end. Her eyes closed, she took a deep breath and released it after holding for five seconds. The bell to the small gate entrance of the dōjō rang. Someone was here, but her father would never come here by this time and her mother was not home. She appreciated her mom for trying to help their kind however she could.

Kira stayed still, not moving from her kneeling position till she heard footsteps. Her jet black hair had grown long, and she combed it to fall at her waist, rubbing her black combat outfit.

"You could have started with Asian homes if you needed to see me that much." Kira said, pouring tea in both cups.

"Humans often get hurt when Foxes are at war," the reply came.

Kira let her walk in, but she was polite enough to remove her shoes. It was obvious she knew what this place meant and even if she was here to fight, she would not desecrate it. Thunder clapped louder than her guess, made her way to test and I front of Kira.

"Do you now see why you will always remain a child?" Kira questioned her and pushed the cup of tea towards her.

Tina eyed the cup offered bad the person offering. She came here to kill her and she offers her tea? This must be fun. She scoffed and sat down in the worst manner. Tina pulled the cup up to her lip and downed the content in one gulp. It was good.

"Is that uji?,"

"Yes, not my favorite."

"How does one even drink uji tea so far from home?"

"My mother forced me to like it from a young age. I couldn't understand why we live in New York but still followed tradition. I grew up quickly after coming to beacon hills."

Kira poured Tina another cup, took the last sip of her own tea. Tina drank, raising the cup regarding Kira.

"Have you ever been in a life and death situation?" Kira asked, picking up the tray containing the tea pot and Yunomi.