CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: THE HUNTER AND THE BANSHEE

Beacon Hills mall.

Her clothes were clinging to her skin. She had done some tests on herself, her baby was only a few weeks old. Lydia had to tell Stiles soon, but when would it ever be a good time. His father the sheriff was fight for his life in the hospital. Everyone was fighting to stay alive. And now she was having a baby. There was no way she was raising a child in this chaos.

For now, she would get more clothes that were comfortable to move around in her condition. When this was over, she would call her mother and tell the pack.

Lydia drove into the mall, hoping to find something she liked. It had been so long since she shopped here. She felt younger just by walking through the halls.

As she walked, she saw Simeon stare at her a second longer than necessary. A hunter, that person was probably looking out for a wolf from a rich pack. Lydia heard stories of how one of them was killed. She was from Gulliver Pack.

Mr. Gulliver had enough to care for his pack members. He spoiled them with funds and advanced training, but they were proud and loud. The young girl had met her untimely death after purchasing a cute designer handbag.

Lydia knew to catch Monroe she only had to say her name and trust in her abilities. It was that easy, yet she was weary. They were battling two enemies, yet they were focused on one.

The mistake all they all seem to make is they all keep underestimating that woman. There were things she did not know, some of which she knew Stiles was keeping from her. She sought that out first.

The store said closed, but the door was unlocked; the lights were on and the clothes were on display. Lydia pushed the door and went inside. She walked around and found nothing she wanted. She sundednly noticed thre was no reception hence the reason for the closed sign. Then why was she in here?

"Who are you?" A woman's voice asked.

"Yous, I know you," Lydia said. "Mrs. Tennyson, is this your store?"

"Did Scott tell you to come here?" She asked.

Lydia saw her hands were shaky, and she was barely keeping her head up. The woman was an Alpha, a wise one too. There was very little that would make her like this.

"I wanted clothes, and I ended up here, it's a surprise that it's you." Lydia answered.

Jophia's eyes shot opened as if she knew something Lydia did not.

"The Nogitsune isn't our only problem. Come with me." Jophia dragged her arm.

Lydia let her pull her towards where she assumed was the Changing room. Her senses told her the situation, but she wanted to see it. She wanted to be sure. She needed to have faith, but from her younger days she knew she could not gamble the lives of her kind on an intuition.

They entered another glass door that led to the dressing room and stopped by the first door. Jophia sighed and placed are claws through a ventilatory hole. Lydia had seen a security system like that before. All the Hale vaults around the world have them, but they would only open for a Hale. The emissaries made these locks for their Alpha.

The door opened.

Lydia struggled to stay on her feet but for Jophia's arm holding her up. Two boys raised their heads up. Dark blood stains covered the floor and two others were being attended to by Jophia's husband. Some were coughing and crying for the pain to stop, but there was little Mr. Tennyson could do for them.

"Their numbers have doubled Lydia, I have lost three of mine this week alone." Jophia walked to assist a young girl struggling to stand. "You must understand, Ms. Martin, they are still children. They can barely fight yet we are not safe even during the day."