CHAPTER EIGHT: ENEMY OF MY ENEMY

The temple of Tezcatlipoca, Mexico

"I was told I'd find you here," Chloe's voice echoed through the debris. Finding the church had been the easiest part of this journey. Now she was inside the church, she rethought her decision to come here alone. The place emitted a strangely familiar aura. It was warm and welcoming to her. She had to leave here soon.

The church was empty, covered in debris, but she went further down the stairs. There was no one in sight, only cobwebs and dust. Chloe kept moving she knew she was here and she could hear every sound she made in here. This was her territory.

She pushed on, listening for the slightest movement. Her target was on the run, but she was in no shape to face beserker if she finds one. She was dressed to fight in comfortable jean and combat boots, degrading of her status but after all she has been through, it didn't matter.

The spiral of stairs led to a cave looking basement. It had been several minutes, and she heard nothing. Chloe moved through the almost narrow part till she felt a rush of air go past her. Whatever that was, it was fast; too fast for her. The wolves were used to fighting but for her kind they just need food and for that they would do anything.

Chloe halted her steps. She understood the message; here was far enough. She did not want to go any further. This place was just too odd.

"I have not come to kill you." She yelled, hearing her voice resound back to her. "I have a deal for you, I can help you get what you want."

Chloe felt the rush of air again. It was working.

"I can help you kill Scott McCall." she told her.

In two seconds Chloe was shoved at a nearby wall, followed by the roar of a wounded animal. She gasped for air. The stone was hard, but she pulled herself to her feet. Through the reflection of the moonlight and the glowing green eyes in the darkness, she knew it was her; Kate Argent, the bone woman. Chloe glanced through her form angry yet weak, keeping a comfortable distance.

"That's right, you haven't fully healed and it only matter of time before your brother comes for you. The reason he's not here right now is I kept him busy. You're the least of their worries." Chloe loved it when she had the upper hand. She took steps closer.

"If you died here, no one would care, no one is coming for you, Kate."

The ground shook, causing Chloe to drift towards the ground. It didn't have to repeat itself, there was a Beserker here. She should have expected it; Kate was too weak to fight she would need protection while she healed.

"You get nothing if you kill me." She told her now aware that she could die too.

"I don't want to kill Scott McCall." Came a soft defeated scratchy voice in the shadows. It sounded nothing like her roar. What a pity.

"Then I will give you the one thing you need, Help me and I will give you your freedom."

"Who the hell are you?" Katie question. Chloe could tell she was not used to accepting favours.

"Just a woman filled with hate and anger, just like you. We're the same you and I. Killing your father didn't help, but it gave you a sense of peace. You could have had a normal life. Had kids, little hunter. But because of your sins, your own brother locked you away. All because you turn into something monstrous."

"You're wrong." Kate cut in. "I have alway been this monster, Chris was the only one who saw it. He could have saved me too if Gerald didn't encourage me."

"I agree, so prove it. You could have gone back to you cage, yet here you are. You still want a chance to live, don't you? We're too old for second chances."