CHAPTER TEN: TROUBLE IN BEACON HILLS.

McCall Estate Beacon Hills,

Another fine weekend in Beacon hills for something this threatening to occur were Malia's thoughts after she got off the phone with Scott. To be fair, she was used to it by now. When she accepted to marry Scott, she knew the responsibilities that came with it and it sure did not help matters she was a Hale. Her family died to protect this town and more tie than she could count she and her friend sacrificed everything for the people of this beacon hills.

Locking the door to her daughter's room, she moved to the sitting room. The way she felt now she had never felt fear like this in a long time; not since after high school. A knock on the door distracted her steps to the bar to pour herself some wine.

It did not surprise Malia when Melissa walked in dressed in her nursing attire. News travel fast these days, especially after Scott established the supernatural communication network. People like her now knew who to go for help and how to survive being hunted. They fought for each other and Scott kept them together as the true Alpha.

"Something's happening isn't it," Melissa says, leaving her things with a maid who rushed in to assist her.

"I can feel it," Melissa says in a low tone. She shivered and Malia knew part of it was the weather; it was going to rain. "This is weird, it's almost like I'm like you."

Malia still said nothing, not sure how to break the news to her. She knew the trauma they all shared the last time they faced a danger like this.

"The Nogitsune, someone released it." she blurted out and raced walked to the kitchen before Melissa's quick feet got to her.

"What do you mean released?" Melissa asked once she caught up with Malia at the house's mini bar.

Ignoring her again, Malia pour two glasses almost to the brim of the glass. She down almost the entire glass in one go.

"That bad, huh!" Melissa remarked. She nervously picked up the second glass while Malia glared at her like a hungry wolf and took the biggest gulp she could.

Malia poured them another while Melisa wondered how to remind her she couldn't get drunk, no matter how much she drank. Her body would recover too fast, being that she was part coyote.

"It's all ruined!" Malia blurted out. "Everything we worked so hard for is getting washed up in the storm."

"Get a hold of yourself. We all knew this day was coming Liah. We need to be strong, Scott would need this from us." Melissa grabbed the bottle and returned it to its place.

"Where is Scott by the way?"

"Council meeting didn't go so well."

"What happened?"

"My Dad happened." Malia yelled as she walked away from the bar, heading to the kitchen with her own glass.

Malia scrunched her face the way she would when she didn't understand something or she was trying to remember something. Melissa followed her, hoping she would give her more useful information.

"I need your help," Malia suddenly stopped in her tracks. She was bare feet as usual, but Melissa only noticed just now, which meant she must have taken her house shoes off at some point.

"That's why i'm here. I want help."

"Good cause we need to make dinner. We have guest." Malia said and forced a smile on her face.

"Scott got help so soon?" Melisa couldn't help but be curious. Who were they expecting?

"Actually," Malia brought random ingredients as she talked. "they're the ones fighting the war. Scott has his hands full. Who knew after Satomi and Decaulion died so much responsibility would fall to him."