CHAPTER TWENTY: DEMON'S BLOOD.

Few Days ago, McCall Estate, Beacon Hills.

"Isaac and I considered possibilities of this day years ago when I first reached out. We looked into some stuff. It may not be true, but this is beacon hills, so we might as well try." Kira said.

She and Malia walked in on Isaac, weeping alone in front of Scott's study. Malia wondered what they talked about. She knew the men were practically brother but Malia never saw Isaac as the emotional type.

Kira was more concerned with Isaac. She had interacted more with him these last years and she knew what he was capable of. Scott was an Alpha. He trained himself to control his emotions. Isaac, on the other hand, did not have the luxury.

"You didn't have to tell them, you know." Isaac scoffed.

He followed them into the study, eager to hear what she would say. Little did he know she would expose their little secret.

"Which means I was right to do so. I will not let you put your life in danger without considering the consequences." Kira replied.

"Consequences that all the skin walkers taught you." Isaac fought back.

"And they were right."

"That's enough from both of you. Kira go in and tell us what you have in mind." Scott warned.

In their years of working together, there was one time Isaac reached out to Kira. She said nothing about it because he asked her to. Kira studied about her kind when she wasn't with the skin walkers. They taught her many things about nature and her kind, and Isaac took advantage of that.

"Any of you ever heard of the wolf gods?" Kira asked, placing a file in front of Scott.

"I have," Malia answered quickly.

She walked to a random shelf in the study and began searching for a book while Scott looked through the file. Isaac sank into his seat, reeking of anxiety. Malia came back with a huge, slightly dusty book, her eyes wide with wonder. She explained as she opened it, searching for the right page.

"Norse mythology referenced the wolf animal as sacred. I read a lot about it in Uni." She started. "From what I know, some gods would take the form of a wolf when they wondered the earth. Then there is my favorite Leto the wolf."

Malia stopped at a page showing a draw of two giant wolves as big as the clouds of the sky. They stood atop a cliff as high as the skies and next to the moonlight. It was simply beautiful.

"Reading and conducting research on all these myths made me conclude that werewolves and nearly all supernatural creatures existing today originated from the gods. Now, what do any of these have to do with you and Isaac." Malia asked.

"The skin walkers told me of a werewolf, an omega who became bored with man kind and sort a place with the gods. He offered sacrifices but still the gods found it insulting that a mere wolf servant would want to be in the same place with them." Kira explained.

"It was unusual, but they taught me that with enough spirituality, any supernatural can be equal to the gods, but the gods would not allow it because of their pride. The skin walkers themselves are considered deities."

"So that's what is different about you. I knew something was off." Malia admitted.

"Yes, my mother noticed as well, which is why she built a dōjō for me to meditate when I am home. The fox inside me is a deity. I should have grown into her, but them the dread doctors woke her up too early, which is why she was angry all the time. After that, I spent years trying to understand her and I'm still learning. I wanted to know more, but I forgot about it until I met Isaac again who asked me to find out from the skin walkers as payment for his service to me."