CHAPTER FIFTEEN: FORGOTTEN LOVE.

McCall Estate, Beacon Hills.

Hayden walked out of the study in need of a change of scenery. Isaac and Stiles would work on the rest of the plan. They were frustrated, but at least they learned more about their enemy in the past few hours. She hated to be alone at a time like this, but she needed fresh air. Scott's estate was vast, and she barely had time to explore it.

When Isaac came to her for help, she did not believe that they would remember her. Derek taught her all she needed to know to survive on her own, but she remembered him saying that Wolves were stronger together. It was true. Being back in Beacon Hills amid her Pack made her feel stronger. It filled the emptiness she endured for the last few years. She had not even bothered about her sister and her niece. This feeling was nearly addictive, and she needed to be careful.

Hayden's ears twitched in alarm. She could smell him from the door of the study, but she was nearly outside. He was looking for her, and she prayed she would get away from him. Her heart rate quickened. This was something she tried to avoid this she walked faster but was still caught.

"Can I join you?" Liam's voice sounded behind her.

He must have used wolf speed to catch up with her. If Liam came with her, wounds she had tried to keep sealed would reopen and that was an emotional truck load she was not ready to face. Liam had been patient and gave her the space she commanded non-verbally. However, it was obvious the attraction between them never died.

Hayden felt she had little to lose if she faced her fears. They could die in a few days, anyway.

"Sure," she replied, turning to face him.

They went outside the building and began walking towards the woods surrounding the estate. Hayden learnt a lot from her new family. The younger wolves were so nice to her. She especially liked the Baker brothers as they were commonly called. They explained how things were now in Beacon Hills.

Scott had gained this land nearly seven years ago as a gift from many strong supernatural families. The Hales were the strongest, but they were not the only strong family resident in Beacon Hills. He developed it over the years to create this beauty with his newfound wealth and influence as the True Alpha.

Till they got to the trees, the only sound that could be heard was the wind. Other families bordered Scott's estate, but it was a quiet neighborhood and there was enough space for privacy.

"You don't mind going into the woods, do you?" Liam asked.

Hayden simply nodded, as the wood was her destination. With the tall trees, it was cooler here.

They walked into the wood surrounding Scott's house. The estate was in a pleasant neighborhood, quiet and spacious. Hayden could tell that security was tight. Scott probably had cameras hidden in the trees or something. This estate was basically a fortress. Easy to defend. If anything went incredibly wrong, this estate would become a refuge for the supernatural.

The silence between them grew suspicious. Hayden was on the edge and Liam's heart beat said the same. She hated how she avoided his gaze often. It didn't matter if he was a teenager or a grown man. Those eyes had the same effect on her. It has been so long since she felt this way about anyone.

"I never thought I'd ever come back here," Hayden spoke first.

She played with her fingers, hoping he would let her finish. He was silent, but she forgot what she had rehearsed over and over since the night before to say to him.

"I know," Liam said.

He took her hand in his, stopping her from passing the next tree.

"That's why you never told me to wait for you." Liam completed.