CHAPTER THIRTEEN: NOGITSUNE

San Francisco,

Looking through the glass walls, they looked down at the city. This was a new place for them. They would be at the place of their birth soon. Things are different now, just like before, but humans were still foolish as always. They tapped into the memories of their host to see what led to them being free.

It pleased them that there were still people who hated the humans as much as they did. She did not ask for his power like others did. Instead, she prepared a host for them, requesting that they take revenge on a family for her.

This new host was powerful, a shapeshifter though a mere wolf. from the scars on the flesh of his host, they could read the memories of their stay in the military. He was left for dead years ago by his own teammates into the navy. When they finished taking revenge on their birthplace, they would go after them and play with them for a while. Humans were boring, but with this body he would make sure they felt his presence.

He could not do much in this new form, they nearly completed the bonding. So far, this host will do whatever he wanted they had never experienced a level of obedience except from a corpse. When they possessed Rhys, they accessed his memories, but could do whatever they wanted. William Barrow and Stiles Stilinski gave them a hassle. But it was worth it.

They will share the memories of everyone they ever possessed to this new host for the boding to be complete like before they would test it in loyalty to see if the body was loyal. They controlled the pile of papers behind them to float to their hands.

"Jax Norman." they said out loud.

Thankfully, their previous hosts had learned to read and write in Eglish. From this man's memories, they also realized that technology had got so much better than when they were last awake. They smiled, breathing deeply. Their thoughts paused when they noticed a presence watching over him from far. It was the fox.

"Anata wa kodomo o ushinaimashita ka? [Are you lost child?]" he said, knowing she heard him.

Tina flinched. He knew she was watching. His accent was almost like the kitsune that attacked her. This fox may have fought with that kitsune before, though the possibilities were slim. Foxes were not like wolves, they did not need to stay together thus no need to fight for ranks. If Tina thought they were similar, that could also mean this mystery kitsune could be just as old as the nogitsune.

"Chloe seems to trust you blindly, I can't be that careless." She crossed her arms, revealing herself fully.

"Are you a fan of riddles?" He questioned with excitement.

Tina was sure Jax hated riddles. She frowned.

"You still have your memories of your past lives." Tina declared.

"Smart woman." He commended.

"Rhys was a fan of riddles and Stiles loved solving them." He told her, coming closer.

They both ended up sitting across each other in the bar of the pent house suit.

"The fault in being immortal is you have to change bodies when necessary. We say that we particularly liked Stiles."

Why was he talking like that?

"Luckily, that could change. My imprisonment and second liberation have taught me so."

"You have your own agenda." Tina said. "I don't like it."

"You are young, still foolish. Why do you think Chloe came to free me, she would have had you sermon another of my kind? The family she wants destroyed is among those that tried to destroy me." Jax told her.