Nail Polish

When Draco woke up that morning, the small Hufflepuff was curled up in a little ball on the opposite side of the bed. Her tank top had ridden up her back, and he could see the smooth skin of her back. It looked like she had kicked off the comforter in her sleep, and only a top sheet covered her legs. He desperately wanted to embrace her, kiss her, but he doubted she would spare him a hex if he did that. So instead he went to take a shower before getting dressed.

Bianca stirred awake as Malfoy rudely turned on the shower. By the looks of it, the sky was still dark. Tenderly she swung her legs over the edge of the bed, and gingerly stood up.

She wanted to take a shower but since Malfoy was in there, the just sat on the couch and started writing in her journal. It was almost 30 minutes until Malfoy got out of the shower. He came out of the bathroom with only a white fluffy towel wrapped around his waist, wet platinum blond strands of his hair flopping into his eyes.

Bianca's eyes went wide and her cheeks immediately flushed. She turned away with a mumbled, "sorry". At this Malfoy smirked. He crept up behind her, and made her jump by placing his cold hands on her hips. He turned her around, and Bianca looked up, lifting her gaze from his chest to his gray eyes.

"What? Uh, please stop," she wasn't mad, necessarily, but Bianca was definitely surprised.

Draco was pleased at what he saw. Looking down at the small Hufflepuff, he saw surprise and confusion flashing across her bright red face.

"You're a tomato. Doesn't look great on you. You definitely look hotter without the flush on your cheeks," He smirked.

"Um. I, uh, need a shower." She slipped out his hands awkwardly. Draco watching her with hungry eyes, until she closed the bathroom door. He chuckled, knowing he held power over her. The power to make her uncomfortable. It wasn't big, but it was more than he had before.

* * * * * * *

The first class of the day was boring. Bianca and Malfoy had all their classes together, which made it a bit better. At least Bianca had someone to talk to.

Lunch came quickly, and instead of going to eat at the great hall, Bianca just went up to her room for a while. 

She started by writing in her journal, but ended up getting out her nail polish from her toiletries. She picked out a few different colors and spread out on the floor.

Draco walked into the great hall. He looked behind him to ask Bianca where she wanted to sit, but couldn't see her anywhere. He searched the whole castle, before going back to their bedroom, where he saw the little blond Hufflepuff sitting on the floor, with little colorful bottles littering the floor around her. She held one in her hand, and was painting her nails with it.

"What the hell are you doing?" Draco asked. He saw a frown flicker across her face

"Painting my nails green. Can I paint yours?" She responded.

"Uh sure. But do it quickly. We have a new class after lunch. It's called something like 'New Life Management' or something." Draco sat down in front of her and held out one of his masculine hands.

She gently took his hand in hers, and Draco felt something. He couldn't begin to describe it, but it kept growing as he stared at her delicate hand painting the color onto his clean nails.

"Is there something wrong, Malfoy?" Bianca asked, making eye contact.

"No. Nothings wrong. You can, uh, keep painting," Draco stuttered. The only thing going through his mind was, Her hands are nice.

* * * * * * 

Bianca walked a bit ahead of Malfoy as they walked towards the new class. She looked back to see his newly painted hands swinging. She smiled at him, and was happy to see him smile back. They walked into the classroom, which had many love seats seating a few couples.

They sat down near the front and waited for the class to begin.

After a few more pairs came in, Professor McGonagall entered the class.

"Good afternoon. Welcome to your New Life Management class. Here you will learn to love and cherish your new partner, learn about married life, and in the spring, parenting." 

Bianca cringed when she said the word 'parenting'. Malfoy saw her cringe and smirked.

"Today is just about getting to know your partner. Many of you do already know them, but many you don't," McGonagall continued, "I want you to make eye contact with each other, and tell one another something you've never told before."

Bianca slowly turned towards Malfoy. She shifted her stare up to his eyes and steadied her gaze. His piercing steel gray eyes bore into her soul. Her eyes started to water, needing to blink, but unable to break gaze with the fierce orbs in front of her. One of his pale hands covered hers, causing her to blink. Gratefully she looked into his eyes again. This was hard.

Draco found himself searching her eyes for something. Eyes never meant much to him, but he never knew how beautiful they could be. In his blindness he just thought blue was a simple color, although her's were so much more. Blue was just the minimum for her sparkling eyes. They were like a river in a forest. Flowing, changing if they moved ever so slightly. Hints of green  making them appear teal if she moved her head into the sunlight streaming from the window. They pulled him in, transporting him to a magical forest, where the trees form a canopy to let in patches of sunlight. He breathed in, expecting pine or honey, but instead breathed in the scent of Bianca, vanilla and lavender,  for which of course he wasn't complaining. She smelled nice.

Bianca took a breath, preparing to tell one of her biggest secrets. Malfoy was still staring into her eyes, making her a bit uncomfortable.

"No one has ever heard this from me, but, I kinda cry. A lot," Malfoy broke eye contact to look at his hands in his lap.

Bianca stifled a laugh. Almost everyone knew that. She then froze. Secret sharing was most definitely not her thing.

"This is really hard for me, you know sharing stuff. But uh, my mum is my best friend, but my dad is a major dick. He ignored me for practically my whole childhood, but when I got to Hogwarts, he wrote me a letter on how disappointed he was that I got into Hufflepuff," Bianca said in almost one breath.

Malfoy looked at her, a shocked look on his face. His expression then softened.

"That sucks," he honestly looked like he understood it.

All truth be told, they had a lot in common.

A.N

SOOOO I am trying to hint at the end of the chapters that they have a lot in common and like will make a good couple. I have a lot planned but please tell me what you want. I appreciate all feedback

-Pickles <3