Train Ride

A.N

Super duper quick filler chapter. We love it

-Pickles<3

The scarlet train pulled into the station and the smoke billowing from its spout nearly suffocated Bianca. She pulled Draco towards it, Mina and Blaise tagging along behind. They found an empty compartment easily, as they were one of the first people on the train.

"Come on, Draco help me with my trunk." She begged. He was stubbornly refusing to help her put it on the rack, saying she can do it herself.

"I'm too short to do it myself! Mina always had to do it for me." Bianca stamped her foot. This was his job, wasn't it?

"It's true! The girl's tiny." Mina retorted from her seat.

Draco rolled his eyes and hoisted the big trunk in his strong arms, and lifted it to the rack.

"Thank you, Draco!" Bianca sang happily.

"Yeah, thank you Dracooooo." Blaise mocked.

"Shove off, mate. The girl is a bug." Draco scoffed. He held her protectively once again. A playful slap on the arm, told him Bianca didn't enjoy being called a bug.

Around two hours later, the trolley lady came along for lunch.

"Anything off the trolley, dears?" She called in her sing-song voice.

Draco bought cauldron cakes for all of them, and they ate them happily. After a little, the four of them got bored. Mina and Bianca challenged each other to a game of wizards chess, while the boys played gobstones.

The four were dressed smartly. Bianca was wearing a cream colored knit sweater, a jean skirt, black sheer tights, and brown ankle boots. Mina was wearing a black sweater dress with black knee socks and white trainers. Blaise and Draco were of course wearing black suits. 

Bianca spent some time in her journal while Draco napped, his head in her lap. Mina saw this and smiled enviously at Bianca. A few snow flurries drifted lazily outside of the compartment window, and Bianca wondered if it would be a white Christmas this year.

"Mina?" Bianca asked quietly.

"Hmm?" She responded, captivated by the magazine she was reading.

"I'm happy. Like actually." Bianca said after hesitating a moment. Mina smiled at her.

"I'm glad. And so am I." The two of them went back to their activities, and Draco, who's head was still resting in Bianca's lap, smiled. He had overheard their brief conversation and was happy to know she was happy with him.

******

"Mum! Dad!" Bianca flew off the scarlet train into the arms of her parents. The train had just pulled into the station, and after struggling with her trunk she was free to hug them.

Draco stood awkwardly on the side as Mr and Mrs Elliot embraced their only daughter. Mrs Elliot looked up and saw him shoving his hands in his pockets, waiting for them to be done.

"You must be Mr. Malfoy. I'm Marie Elliot, and this is my husband Jack." She smiled at him warmly, and he gratefully smiled back. Jack Elliot was giving him a hard stare, undoubtedly trying to find some way to prove he wasn't worthy of Bianca.

"Come one Mum. I want to start baking already!" Bianca whined. She had noticed her father and wanted ease the tension as soon as possible. And so they went off to their little townhouse in London, already acting like a real family.