The Fight

The sun was setting as Mina and Bianca were walking back from the library to go to dinner. The sky was melting from amber to a blood red, and it matched Bianca's mood completely. She had been working all day, she was stressed, her eyes hurt, and her patience was running out.

"I swear if I don't get a good grade on my NEWTS I will kill." She said rubbing her eyes. They were taking a shortcut through one of  the courtyards and she heard talking from up ahead. She tried not a listen but it was hard. The voices were female, and they sounded like Hermione and Ginny.

"I honestly feel bad for her. Do you think if you become minister you could save her from that awful ferret?" Ginny scoffed. Bianca's blood seemed to turn to ice as it slowly dawned on her who they were talking about.

"Oh Ginny. Of course, but I don't know if he would let me do that. They seem to really 'love' each other." Bianca saw Hermione make air quotes as she said the word love. She and Mina were getting closer and she could hear them more clearly. The friends shared a look as the other two girls let out a laugh.

"Really, how could she love him? Doesn't she know what he did?" Ginny said as Bianca and Mina rounded the corner and the gossiping girls were now in clear sight.

"Why don't we ask her?" Hermione said finally noticing them. Hermione had never been fond of Bianca. She had always battled the Gryffindor in top of the class. Bianca clenched her fists but kept her head high.

"I don't know what you could mean, Granger." She said cooly, trying to show confidence.

"Oh dear, she's in denial." Ginny placed a hand over her heart and took a step closer.

"I honestly pity her." Ginny continued. Her face was now inches away from Bianca's face and anger was bubbling in the pit of Bianca's stomach. Her vision was swimming with red.

"I don't need, nor want your pity." She growled. She brought back her fist, and thrust it outwards, punching Ginny squarely in the jaw. She gasped in pain and brought up a hand to her red jaw. 

Ginny glared at Bianca and she glared back at the red head. Hermione and Mina looked on horrified at the two girls.

"You bitch!" Ginny screeched. She brought her own fist back and hit Bianca in the nose. She heard something crack and blood dripped down her face. She didn't hear the footsteps echoing down the corridor. She was about to punch Ginny again and she had already drawn her hand back when strong hands seized her arms. She struggled to free away.

Bianca looked almost crazy. Her teeth were clenched, her eyes looked wild, and she had blood splattered all over her shirt from her nose. She kicked who ever was holding her and he let go immediately, doubling over in pain. She jumped away her wavy hair whipping as she glanced around looking for someone else to fight.

Her eyes took in the scene. Ron curled up on the floor suffering from Bianca's kick, Hermione and Harry crooning over Ginny, and Mina standing a bit away looking shocked.

"Bloody hell, Elliot!" Ron gasped from the stone floor. She glared at him, finally under control. Her jaw was clenched and her teeth were hurting. She lifted her head to touch her nose and flinched when her fingers made contact. She held her hand out in front of her face and was greeted with the sight of two of her fingers covered with her crimson blood.

"Come on mate. We need to get Ginny to the hospital." Harry said glancing on Ron. He then moved his green eyes onto Bianca.

"You broke her jaw. Hope you're happy, Elliot." He finally acknowledged her. She scowled at him. Perfect Potter. What would he be saying if he knew what Ginny had said? The saintly Golden Trio ushered Ginny away towards the Hospital wing under Bianca's glowering fierce eyes still burning with anger.