7| strawberries, stars, & stories

Please Vote, comment, Share and follow!

More than 500 reads and 52 votes?! Thank you so much.

⤏𝘣𝘰𝘵𝘩 𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘧𝘪𝘵𝘴, 𝘧𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘤𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘰𝘱

❝𝘣𝘳𝘶𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘪𝘳 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘢 𝘥𝘢𝘺, 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘴𝘰𝘭𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘣𝘭𝘦𝘮𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘥𝘳𝘶𝘨𝘴.❞ - 𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘶𝘴

✧𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘢✧

This was weird, the way I felt. The feeling of nervousness was flowing within me. I've felt so many emotions but never the feeling of being nervous. Especially being nervous around a man, what was happening? I was always confident, maybe it had to do with the fact that I've never been on a date. I paced around my room, and was brought back to the present by the sound of a knock. I say a quick 'come in' and Damiens Mother, Jade, comes in. I've talked to her and her husband, Jackson, a few times but nothing too serious.
"So I heard you were going on a date, and I thought if you needed help- you know I'd be happy to help do anything." She said nervously while looking around. I was startled for a second, she emitted so much confidence that I never thought I would see her being nervous. Then again, I only spent a few moments with her. "That would be great." I say with a smile on my face. Her face lit up, and she ushered me to follow her.

We went to another room, it looked like a huge closet. Clothes ranging from men's to women's to even children. "This is just for anyone who doesn't have clothes around. Since you don't have many clothes I thought I'd take you here." She says while smiling and looking around. "Thank you, I mean.. really thank you. It's been a long time since someone has been kind to me." I say while holding both her hands.
"You are family now, and hopefully you'll get to meet the rest of them. It's just-" she stops mid way, and sighs

"My mother in law never liked me, she tried ruining my wedding. She hated me because I wasn't upper class. I never grew up rich, I had what I had and I dealt with it. I didn't have female friends at the time, when I came to the castle. She was the only female I knew. She didn't want to help me, instead she burned my favorite dress that I was going to wear for my first date with my husband. I know how hard it might feel, to not truly know anyone, that's why I'm here. If you ever need help, or advice because you're confused, you can always come to me. So enough with the sappy stories, you young lady have a date" she says excitingly.

I chuckle while looking through the clothes to take my mind off my thoughts. "Did you feel nervous? I mean, when you had your first date." She stops looking through clothes and looks at me, "I was, actually I was incredibly nervous. I had never been with a man, the only thing I did was hold hands with a boy named 'jimmy' in 5th grade." We both laugh at that.
"Trust me, all your worries will go away. Just remember, you're a confident, beautiful young woman. You got this." After that little reassurance, we go back to picking clothes. Once I've decided on what I'm wearing she asks if she wants someone to do my hair and make up, I reply with "it's alright, I can do it. Thank you Mrs.Knight-" she cuts me off and says "Jade, it's jade to you." She smiles and hugs me.