12| One by one the truth comes out

Please comment,vote,follow and share!!
Wolfsbane above^

⤏ 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵,𝘣𝘦𝘥𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮, 𝘟𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘦𝘳 & 𝘋𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘶𝘴'𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘴❝𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘮𝘦❞✢𝘥𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘦𝘯✢

❝𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘮𝘦❞
✢𝘥𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘦𝘯✢

I couldn't see or hear anything. My mind was in a frenzy, I needed to go back home. Before I could even get up, I felt Thesia wrap her arm around mine. My guts felt like they were being rearranged as I realized Thesia had transported us back to the palace. My main priority was Darius right now, which was why I ran. I ran faster than I had ever before. "He was attacked by rogues, we have them locked in the basement." One of the guards told me as they tried to keep up with me.
My blood was pumping, and soon I felt like the whole world just stopped as I stared at my crying mother. My father was embracing her and kissing her head, telling her it was all gonna be okay. As quickly as I can I went up to them, "Where's Darius?!" My father turned his eyes to the door behind me, and that's when I saw a doctor coming out with blood all over him. I was about to rush to go inside until the doctor stopped me. "He needs to rest, the wolfsbane hasn't completely left his system. It's better to go inside later." The plan was to ignore him until I felt a hand pull on my bicep.

        "It's better to wait, the only person that can help his wolf fight the wolfsbane is his mate. It's better to leave them alone, we'll go in when he's better. You'll just be outside the door, nothing bad would happen." Hunter said, trying to persuade me. I sighed knowing I'd complicate everything if I went in. I sat on the waiting chair and thought about all of our memories. My little brother, was attacked and the chances of him dying are high. I tried to take my mind off things by counting the tiles on the floor, but that didn't erase the thought of him laying motionless on his death bed.
      I felt a hand, soft and delicate, reach out to grab mines. Thesia was next to me, and I pulled her in. I needed to feel her, I needed reassurance that everything would be alright, and that's what happened. We sat there together, her stroking my hand while my arm was wrapped around her. It was calm, and my wolf perked up when he heard a strong heartbeat coming from Darius's door. He was alive, beaten down but alive, and that's what mattered.

      Minutes turned to hours, and daylight turned to night when we were allowed to see him. I went in, carefully, trying not to make too much noise. Xavier held Darius while he slept, stroking his cheek while having an arm around him. His head snapped up and his teeth was set in a snarl, ready to protect his mate, when he heard us. He soon relaxed and tried to get up but Darius had a steel grip on his hand. I chuckled and nodded my head signaling him to stay where he was. Once everyone had at least seen,hugged and kissed Darius we all looked at Xavier.
        I looked at him, "what happened here?" His eyes grew dark and you could feel the waves of anger rolling off him. His eyes faulted and turned soft when he heard Darius whimper in pain. He wrapped Darius around him, and you could hear my brothers sigh of relief.
      "We were out patrolling, and he was taking care of the office. I was far deep in the woods, but not close enough to the border. Then I heard growls and I heard his. My wolf felt something off so we raced to where the sound was. When I got there Darius was on the ground and the rest of the warriors were trying to fight off the rogues. Once we killed the rogues I shifted back and saw that he had no scratches on him. A tranquilizer dart was lodged into his neck, it smelled like wolfsbane. We took him to the hospital and here we are."

      That didn't make sense. Wolves, no matter if they were rogues or not, would never use tranquilizer darts on anyone. We refused to fight with machines, and not fighting with what the moon goddess had gifted us with. My fathers eyes turned cold, "Hunters" he whispered. We widened our eyes, but Hunter shook his head. "No rogue would ever pair up with a Hunter, and a Hunter hasn't entered our borders since you were king." He says while looking at my father. "Hunter, there are many secrets this kingdom holds, mistakes I've made and mistakes our people have made."
        "Even mistakes the sea has made." He says while staring at Thesia. I was going to ask him to explain it more, but saw Darius rouse. "We'll talk about this later, now go back to the kingdom. I'll have guards lined up here, don't worry." My father said, the last part directed towards me. We all went up to Darius, and I went to hold his hand. My mother kissed him on his forehead while saying a prayer.

       The kingdom was somehow colder without Darius. I was headed to my room with Thesia right beside me but my eyebrows creased as I saw her stop. "I know this is too soon to ask but is it alright if I sleep with you." She asked, her eyes pleading with me. "How could I say no to that face, come on." I gestured her to my room. She went to the bathroom, as I set up my bed on the couch.  She came out wearing just my shirt, it was long enough that it covered everything and it only reached the middle of her thighs. "What are you doing?" She asks while looking at the couch.
"I'm taking the couch, you're taking the bed." I say leaving no room for argument. I head into the bathroom to do my business and stare at myself in the mirror. "I am the king." I say reassuring myself, trying to tell myself that I've got this. I head out the bathroom and my eyes widened "Seriously Thesia?" My makeshift bed was gone, and all that was left was Thesia's pleading eyes. "First off this is your room, you don't sleep on the couch and second off, please just sleep in the bed. I need to be around you, and maybe you need that too." She asks in uncertainty.

   It was cute I'll admit. And I did want to sleep with her, but I didn't want to push any boundaries.

    "If you're uncomfortable I won't touch you or I'll sleep on the couch but-" she was cut off by me hugging her. "I will never be uncomfortable around you, I just wanted to sleep on the couch because I thought that 'you didn't even know me'" I saw mimicking her. She chuckles and nuzzles her face into my chest. "That's a good impersonation you know." I smirk down at her, I hesitate but then I decide to lift her up. Her legs automatically wrapping around my waist, her soft hands on my neck.
      I brought her to the bed, making sure to tuck her in. I buried my head into her hair, and waited. After a few minutes I could hear her soft snores. My wolf sat there in my mind with an intent, to protect his mate at all costs. She tighten her hold on me and nuzzled the side of her face in my chest. I pressed a kiss to her forehead.

"You're gonna be the death of me one day."
________________________________
Please vote, comment,share and follow!

What did you think of this weeks chapter?