Mr. Mime

It was nighttime by the time they got from the park to the warehouse. It was foggy, but not so foggy they couldn't see anything.

After a couple miles of walking, Pikachu's feet had grown tired, and he stood on Ruby's shoulder. And here, at the docks, he was still sitting on her shoulder.

"You know what you need?" he asked. "A shoulder saddle. I bet someone makes one."

"There are other ways for you to get around," Ruby said. "This is humiliating." Though she didn't really hate Pikachu, she wasn't too comfortable with him standing on her shoulder.

"Every step for you is 1,000 for me, and my lungs are the size of grapes," Pikachu said. "We need to get some ground rules if this partnership's gonna work."

"We're not really 'partners'," Ruby said.

"Mentor, sensei, master, whatever you wanna call it."

"What if it isn't the gas?" Ruby asked. "What if there's... something (Y/N) did to make me understand you, I don't know."

"You don't need to talk for us to understand," Pikachu said. "We can feel what you're saying. You have to be open to the experience. Try it sometime."

Ruby smirked. She seemed to get what he was saying. "I might."

They stopped, seeing someone walking out of the warehouse.

"What is that?" Ruby asked.

"Silent but deadly," Pikachu answered. "Apologies, my tummy's bad from all the (F/D)."

"Ew! Get off!" Ruby hissed, trying not to get the figure's attention. She shook and shoved Pikachu until he leapt off her shoulder. "I meant that." She pointed at the figure.

"Oh," Pikachu said. "That. It's a Mister Mime. They're the worst."

"What's a Mister Mime?" Ruby asked.

"Really weird Grimm," he said. "Most joyful and colorful. Silent but annoying."

The Mister Mime closed an invisible door, before noticing them. He tried to get the door back open, but failed.

"Did he just recognize you?" Ruby asked. "I think he recognizes you."

"Well, I was (Y/N)'s partner so I would've been with him," Pikachu said.

Ruby looked down at him wide-eyed, and Pikachu gasped.

"(Y/N)'s informant is a Grimm!" they said in sync.

"Get him!" Ruby yelled, running to Mr. Mime.

She stopped when she realized he was running in place.

She tilted her head. "H-He's barely moving."

"Don't tell him that!" Pikachu hissed, running next to her.

Mr. Mime got onto an invisible bike, and started fake driving away, without moving anywhere.

"Oh! He's on a bike!" Pikachu said. "Come on! He thinks he's getting away! Look, quick! Get in front of him! Cut him off! You can make it!"

Ruby bent over in front of Mr. Mime, and held her hands out to him. "Stop."

Suddenly, he fell to the ground in slow motion.

"Oh no," Pikachu said. "He's going down hard, Rosie. Should've worn a helmet. I hope he makes it."

Ruby turned to Pikachu. "What did you call me?"

Pikachu looked back up at her. "Oh, I called you Rosie."

Memories of when (Y/N) would call her Rosie flashed in her mind, and she tried really hard not to tear up.