Epilogue

Team RWBY stood by the airship, waiting for a certain someone to show up.

Ruby had the biggest smile she'd had in a while as she looked up at the beautiful city and buildings. Everything was almost perfect. She'd solved the case, she was heading back home, and she'd finally found the person she cared for the most.

Pikachu walked up behind her, wearing his detective hat.

"Hey, Rosie."

Team RWBY turned around, and saw someone walk up next to Pikachu.

It was (Y/N).

He held up the four tickets to the airship, smiling at them.

Ruby smiled back, and she walked up to him to take them.

"Ozpin will meet you when you arrive," (Y/N) said.

Ruby's smile faded. "Yeah... Okay..."

They stayed silent, looking at each other for a moment. Team RWBY stood behind them, watching sadly as Ruby had to seperate from (Y/N) again.

(Y/N) and Ruby stood in front of each other, trying to think of something, anything to say. I love you, I'll miss you, I'll stay in touch, anything.

(Y/N) spoke up, deciding to say the first thing that came to mind. "I'll see ya."

He held out his hand for Ruby to shake. She smiled, and shook his hand. "See ya."

Suddenly, completely out of nowhere, Ruby grabbed him by the shirt and pulled him into a hug. (Y/N) was startled, but he smiled, and hugged her back.

Ruby was tearing up. She'd finally found him. It was a long journey to do so, but she'd done it. And now she had to leave him. But it was okay. She was following her dream, and letting (Y/N) follow his, right? Somehow she didn't even want to be a huntress anymore. She felt like she wanted to be a detective now. But that couldn't be. She was just blinded by love, right?

(Y/N) smiled, and closed his eyes. He was finally with Ruby again. He didn't know what brought her to Atlas, or how she'd found him after the crash, or what made her love him again, but he didn't care. She was here. He didn't care that she was about to leave. She was following her dream, and that's all he wanted her to do.

Finally they parted.

Ruby looked at (Y/N). He gave her a reassuring smile. That one smile told her everything was going to be alright. She just wished she could listen.

Yang put her hand on Ruby's shoulder.

"Come on," she said. "We've gotta go."

Ruby nodded, and walked with her team to the airship, feeling emptier with each step she took away from (Y/N).

(Y/N) watched her leave. He spent years wondering how Ruby felt when he left her, but now, he finally understood.

Pikachu looked up at him. "Pika?"

(Y/N) smiled at Pikachu, which quickly disappeared as he thought of Ruby.

"You don't want to go, do you?" Yang asked.

"No," Ruby answered. "In fact, I don't think I even want to be a huntress anymore."

Weiss stepped in front of her, and put her hand on Ruby's chest, stopping her. "Then don't go," she said. "If you want to stay here, then stay here. It's wrong that you shouldn't do what you want to do. Be who you want to be. Be with... who you want to be with."

Ruby turned back to look at (Y/N). She started to smile, and joy began filling her. She looked at her teammates.

"A-Are you sure?" she said.

"Positive," Blake said.

Yang put her hand on her sister's shoulder. "I want you to be happy. And if this is what makes you happy, then I 100% support you."

Ruby hugged her. "Oh! Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

Yang hugged her back, starting to tear up. "I'm so proud of you!"

Weiss and Blake joined in on the hug, tearing up at the idea of leaving their leader.

Soon, they separated, Ruby smiling, with tears of joy. "Thank you."

"Good luck, sis," Yang said.

"You've done so much!" Weiss said. "You've taught us so much! We wouldn't be who we are if it weren't for you. Thank you, Ruby."

"For everything," Blake added.

Ruby smiled at them. "Goodbye, guys." She lifted a fist. "Go Team RWBY?"

The others smiled, and lifted their fists with her. "Go Team RWBY," they said.

Ruby handed them their tickets, turned to (Y/N), and ran to him using her semblance. She leapt at him, wrapped her arms around his neck, and kissed him for the first time in years.

(Y/N) staggered backwards, and wrapped his arms around her waist.

The taste of his lips was the best thing she'd felt in years. It was a great thing to feel again, and it finally made her empty space fill up completely.

The now Team WBY began backing into the airship, smiling at the sight of their friend finally happy.

Ruby and (Y/N) separated the kiss.

"Do you think I can stay with you?" Ruby asked.

(Y/N) smiled, and nodded. "I'd like that, Rosie. Yeah, I'd like that very much."

"Me too," Ruby said, before kissing him one more time.

After separating, they turned around, and saw the door to the airship closing. Ruby waved at her friends, and they waved back.

The doors closed, and the airship took off.

Ruby turned to (Y/N) and smiled. She placed her arms on his shoulders. "You wanna get a (F/D)?"

They started walking back into the city.

"It's the weirest thing," (Y/N) said. "That's... That's all I've been thinking about is having a (F/D) right now."

Ruby looked down at Pikachu as he trotted alongside them.

"I think I'll have to find a new job," she said to (Y/N).

"Oh, yeah?" (Y/N) said. "What are you thinking?"

"Well," Ruby said, "I was thinking I could give detective work a try?"

"Pika-Pika!" Pikachu chirped.

"I think he likes that idea," (Y/N) said.

Ruby smiled, and rested her head on (Y/N)'s shoulder. Finally, everything was the way she wanted it to be. The way she needed it to be.

A rose was sitting peacefully on the ground.