Conclusion

Pikachu opened his eyes, finding himself inches above the ground. He gasped, realizing how close he was to hitting it!

He'd have died by now if Mewtwo hadn't caught him using telekinesis. Mewtwo gently set Pikachu down on the ground, while floating to the ground himself.

Ruby ran out of the tower. "Pikachu!" she said, running to her partner.

"Ruby!" Pikachu said.

Ruby knelt down to Pikachu and pulled him into a hug, overwhelmed with the joy of seeing the Grimm she loved alive and well.

"Are you okay?" she asked through tears of joy.

"I'm sorry!" Pikachu said, hugging her tightly. "I'm sorry, I pushed you away just when you needed me the most!"

She pulled away from him, and smiled. "I'm just happy you're back... partner."

Pikachu smiled at her. She bent down, and kissed him on the forehead. Pikachu blushed.

He turned to Mewtwo. "Please tell me you can fix this mess."

Mewtwo smiled. "I will undo what has been done," his voice said in their heads.

He turned around and flew into the air. Once he was high enough, he released an explosion of red waves.

The R gas was completely blown away, and the humans turned back into humans, the Grimm getting killed to keep from doing any more harm.

When Lieutenant Yoshida realized he was back to normal, he helped some people up, looking around in confusion at what just happened.

Weiss, Blake, and Yang turned back to normal.

Yang put her hands on her hair, while Blake pulled off her bow to check her cat ears.

"Oh thank Oum!" Yang said, practically hugging her hair.

"Let's never do that again, okay?" Weiss said.

"Agreed," Blake said, putting her bow back on.

A few minutes later, Ruby and Pikachu watched as Howard was pushed into a police vehicle in his wheelchair.

Ruby looked down at Pikachu. She kinda missed his old detective hat. It made him look so cute. She started to wonder what made her fall for Pikachu. For years she believed the only person she could ever love was (Y/N). Why, of all things, would she fall for a Grimm? And if Mewtwo brought back (Y/N), what would she do?

Pikachu scooted closer to Ruby, and rested his head on her waist. "Could you pet me?"

Ruby smiled. "Sure."

She placed her hand on Pikachu's head, and started petting his surprisingly soft head.

Pikachu melted into her warm, soft hand. It was much more relaxing than Yang's, which said a lot. Pikachu thought about Ruby. He didn't know what made him fall for her. She was a human. He never thought he'd ever fall for a human, at least as far back as he remembered. And when Mewtwo brought back (Y/N), what was Ruby going to do?

"Ruby!" Yang shouted from the distance.

Ruby turned around, and saw her teammates running up to her. She got up and ran to them. They all hugged each other.

"Did we do it?" Weiss asked.

"We did it!" Ruby said.

"No way!" Yang said.

Ruby looked down at Pikachu as he walked up to her.

"Way to go, Ruby," he said.

She smiled at him, and nodded.

Mewtwo hovered over her and Pikachu.

"There is one last thing I must fix," his voiced echoed in their minds.

Ruby and Pikachu looked at each other. Then, Ruby looked back up at Mewtwo and smiled.

"(Y/N)," she said.

Pikachu lowered his head. He knew what was coming. Ruby was going to see (Y/N), she was going to embrace him, kiss him, and completely forget about the little old Grimm who had been there for her all this time.

"The love you have been searching for has been with you all along," Mewtwo said.

Pikachu looked up at Ruby. "What's he talking about?"

Ruby looked down at Pikachu for a moment, and back up at Mewtwo. "I-I don't..."

Then, it snapped! Pikachu! She looked down at him, remembering everything that just happened. If Mewtwo had the ability to put a humans soul into a Grimm's body, did that mean...? No way! Was that why she fell for a Grimm? Because he wasn't a Grimm in the first place?

She knelt down in front of Pikachu, jaw dropped. Pikachu tilted his head, confused, until he started to realize what was going on! So... that was why he fell for a human? Because he was a human in the first place?

Ruby looked back at Mewtwo, and he held his hand out.

The flashback of the car flying off the bridge entered their heads again. They saw it crash, and they saw Pikachu looking up at Mewtwo.

"Pika!" he said. "Pikachu!"

"You've done well," Mewtwo said. "Humanity is evil. But you have shown me that not all humans are bad. (Y/N) (L/N), your Pikachu offers its body to save your mind. There is a love. With the love's return, I can repair the boy. Your memory will be gone, but your heart will know who you are."

They saw Mewtwo shooting a red beam at (Y/N)'s body, and lifting it off the ground, and his body disappearing.

"I take this body so that you might live," Mewtwo said. "Return with the love." He held his hand out, hitting Pikachu with a red beam of light.

The flashback stopped, and Mewtwo lowered his arm.

Ruby gasped. It was true! Everything made sense now! The one she cared about the most, the one she'd been looking for all this time, was right by her side the entire time! She looked down at Pikachu.

Then, his body began glowing into a blinding red light.