Final Battle

The elevator doors opened, and Ruby ran into Howard's office. She ran to Howard, who was sitting at his desk.

"Howard!" she said. "Mr. Clifford! Your son! He has Mewtwo here!" Then, she noticed something on his head. It looked like that "neural link" thing Ann Laurent had in the hologram before Mewtwo broke out. "Wait, why do you..."

"Ruby," he said. "It's gonna be okay."

Ruby was visibly confused.

Then, she heard a noise. She turned around, and the floor was starting to open. Then, out of the floor, a spherical cage came out, with Mewtwo inside, a neural link on his head.

"Run!" she heard his voice in her head.

Then, a purple gas sprayed into his cage.

"No," she said, turning to Howard.

The neural link on his head started to glow, and when she looked at Mewtwo, so was the one on his head.

Mewtwo shook, trying to free himself from what was happening. Then, Howard and Mewtwo passed out.

Mewtwo looked up, a devious smile on his face.

The cage opened, and he stepped out, steadying himself on the tables as he walked to Howard's desk.

"The transfer worked," Mewtwo said out loud. Only now, Howard's voice was coming out. "My body is in the chair, but my mind is in Mewtwo."

Ruby realized what happened. "Howard?"

"Well done, Ruby," Mewtwo said. "You and (Y/N)'s Pikachu led me straight to Mewtwo."

It was! Howard had taken control over Mewtwo! Howard started floating upwards.

Ruby realized something else. "Mewtwo didn't cause the crash!"

"All your boyfriend had to do was take the money and walk away!" Howard said. "But he started asking questions. I had to stop him."

Ruby grew enraged, realizing Howard had caused the crash! "YOU TRIED TO KILL HIM!"

"I HAD NO CHOICE! He tracked the R to the battles, traced it back to Dr. Laurent! And then he and his Pikachu helped Mewtwo escape!"

Ruby reached for Crescent Rose, but Howard held his hand out and caught her in red energy beams, spreading her arms out.

Back down in the streets, Weiss, Blake, and Yang were wandering around, trying to figure out what to do. The parade was about to start, and marching bands prepared to march through the streets, with the large balloons overhead.

They watched a news report on their scrolls.

"So, as you can see, we are more than happy with the turnout today," the mayor said. "So many families..." His assistant said something to him, and he waved at the cameras. "Thank you so much. Thank you. That's all for today. Thank you."

Lieutenant Yoshida stood in the street, looking around at the events taking place.

"The mayor!" Blake said. "We need to tell him!"

Weiss, Blake, and Yang set their scroll down, and ran to the fence where the officers stood.

"Hey, stop," an officer said, blocking their path. "No one passes this point."

"Excuse me," Weiss said. "You are talking to Weiss Schnee, heiress to the Schnee Dust Company. I believe I am allowed to pass."

She showed him her identification. The officer nodded, and let them pass.