Secrets

Team RWBY and Pikachu had gotten into a car, and were making their way to the PCL base.

Pikachu was sitting in a baby seat, next to Ruby. He was silent for a moment.

"Do I have to sit in the baby seat?" Pikachu said. "This is humiliating!"

Ruby didn't answer. She still didn't want her friends to know about her little secret.

"That little Grimm is so cute!" Yang said. "I have never seen a Grimm who wears a hat!"

"Yeah," Ruby said. "His name is Pikachu by the way."

"Yeah," Pikachu said. "You know, some more head pats would be nice." He moved his head to Yang.

She giggled, and started petting him. "Aw, he's so cute!"

Ruby felt a little jealous that he didn't ask her for head pats. "What are you doing?" she whispered to Pikachu.

"What?" Weiss asked from the driver seat.

"No, nothing," Ruby said, trying to find an excuse. "I was..." She pulled out a photo of a woman in a lab coat out of the file. "I was actually wondering who, um, this was."

"It's PCL's chief scientist, Dr. Ann Laurent," Blake answered, looking at the image for Weiss.

"I bet this is the doctor Shirtless was talking about," Pikachu said.

"She lost her university grant over experimentation of Grimm because she was trying to control their minds," Weiss continued for Blake, knowing more about PCL staff than any of them.

"Oh wow," Yang said.

"She's essentially a neurologist for Grimm," Weiss continued.

"Maybe this doctor could weigh in on the long-term psychological effects of being strapped into a baby seat behind a cat!" Pikachu said, referring to Blake, who Ruby had told him was a cat faunus.

The vehicle finally made it to the abandoned PCL base.

"This is it," Weiss said. She stopped the vehicle near the front gate. "Look at the signs."

They said "Keep out", "Toxic: Restricted Access", and "Danger: Biohazard".

"Must've been a really bad accident," Yang said.

Weiss, Blake, and Yang climbed out of the vehicle, while Ruby started unbuckling Pikachu.

"That's what they want you to believe," Pikachu said. "Whoever staged this did an excellent job. Those signs are the perfect scarecrow for suckers."

Ruby opened the door to the vehicle, and stepped out, Pikachu climbing onto her shoulder.

As Blake cut the fence to make an opening, a camera off to the side turned, spotting the girls and the Pikachu. But the group didn't notice.

They managed to find a way into the ventilation system, and went near the middle of the facility. There, Blake pulled off the shutter. She peeked into the room upside down, before putting her hands in the vents to keep her from falling when she pulled her legs out to get herself right-side up. She dropped into the room.

The other three climbed out after her.

Ruby then looked up to the vent, arms raised.

"Come on, Pikachu!" she whispered.

Pikachu dropped into her arms, and crawled onto her shoulders.

"It's okay," Ruby whispered. "You can stay up there."