Prologue

CRASH!

I sat bolt upright, soul racing, my blanket flopping off my bed.

Mechanical whirring sounds were coming from down stairs.

Was that Mettaton? If so why is he in my house?

No it can't be him, I don't hear any dumb music or see any stupid lights.
I turned to sit on the edge of my bed, my bear feet finding their way into the worn slippers I was never without.
The unknown whirring was getting louder, more excited, if that makes sense?

My soul beat painfully against my rib cage, adrenaline courses through my theoretical veins.

I opened my door a smidge.

Humanoid robots, about a dozen of them in total, crowded in the living room, a few were rifling through draws and what not. Two stood at the door, which was only attached by one hinge. Worst of all they had weapons.

Guns. Or lasers. Or laser guns! Either way=bad

Well, worst of all until I spotted the creatures where the stomach should be - they looked like Papy's cooking.

I shoved my fist into my mouth to stifle the yelp of fear that escaped me.

The unwelcome guests were emitting a purple glow, they looked like something from the human sci fi comics I found in the dump.

I forced myself to take another look.

The robots were climbing the stairwell, getting closer to...

Papyrus' room

Full on big brother mode kicked in and all caution was thrown to the wind.

I wrenched my door open with no real plan other than 'distraction'.
The bots looked at me with expressionless faces then one of them spoke.

'The one with the magic needed by kraang for kraangs plan is smaller than kraang originally thought'

I was taken off guard by the botched English and just stood there like a deer caught in the headlights.

'Kraang agrees with kraang' another robot chimed in, I'm guessing it's name is Kraang.

Three freaky spaghetti bellied dudes had made it to the landing and we're coming my way, when the door next to them creaked open, showing the face of a very frightened skeleton.

'Brother?' He said uncertainly, clutching a weather beaten teddy bear.

Even though he was five years younger than me, Papyrus was only an inch or so shorter. He was dressed in orange race car pjs, the hem of his pants was half way up his shin but he'd blatantly refused to get a new pair.

I teleported to the spot right in front of him, my arms spread as a protective shield.

I was terrified but stubborn - I had to protect my younger brother.

'Papy' I said, channeling a ton of artificial calm into my voice 'get back in your room, close the door and lock it, now'

'But...' he squeaked

'Now' I said firmly

The robots advanced slowly but steadily with an air of caution and intrigue.

'Get b..back' I growled, my eyes flaring up with blue magic.

'Kraang needs the one known as the one with magic' a Kraang robot said

'Well I say you need to get your weird ass out of my house' I replied

It all happened so quick: I raised my hand, forming a wall of bones in the doorway to my bros room before teleporting downstairs.
Purple lasers flew across the room as the three droids on the landing turned their back on my brother, now trapped behind the magic bones.

The evil robots formed a ring around me, their guns sending an endless barrage of bullets.

'Try not to eliminate the package desired by Kraang!' A robot droned

'Sans!!!' Paps yelled clinging to the bones like they were the bars of a prison cell.

I was summoning bones as fast as skeletally possible, blocking attacks.

Purple streaks lit up the lounge room, feathers from the couch cushions along with other pieces of shrapnel flew through the air.

There were so many robots and only one of me, a projectile was sure to meet its mark.

Welp, I jinxed that alright.

I felt a a sharp pain, in my right eye like someone had just stabbed it was a white hot knife.
My vision went a solid electric blue.

I clutched my head, crying out in pain.

The invaders took advantage of my lowered defences and closed in.
I heard my brother screaming, as I shock went through my body as if I'd just stuck a fork in the electrical socket (knowledge from experience).

My vision cleared slightly as I hit the floor but it was like I was looking through a blue tinted smoke screen. I struggled onto all fours.

I watched my bro as he hacked desperately at the barricade of bones.

'Sans!!' He screamed, orange tear tracks lining his face 'SANS!!'

A small part of me wanted him a avail - wanted him to save me. Guilt and fear made my soul ache.

'Pap....Papy it's ok...paps...'

Tears mixed with sweat as I stared at my distraught brother.

'Sans! No please NO!!' Pap sobbed as I was overwhelmed and pushed to the ground.

Purple electricity rushed over my body once again, overpowering my will to stay conscious.

I remembered no more.