🌼little dandere🌼

~•○🌼○•~

January. A late winter in Japan. Slowly crawling into the springtime.

Standing by the crosslight was a timid little blonde middle schooler. A wallflower with a mind that often wanders off into the field of her own internal mind garden. Distant brown eyes drifting away as she longs for the rain of Sakura petals to cascade with effortless grace. Spring was around the corner, how she really wished to see the Sakura petals get whisked away by the airs of constant vehicles driving by, or just fall onto the sidewalk. Not to see the harsh cold winters from last year.

One melty snowflake landed on one of her dark blue shoes. She solemnly frowned. The meek little teen girl's mind drifted into the clouds again, avoiding all outside distractions. The insanely frosh-like puffiness of her sunflower-blonde hair lightly frizzled away into the late winter breeze. Her hair was really mysterious. It was as curly like a frizzled afro, like an unknown humidity struck it hard, a less chaotic version of a bad hair day. But it was chilly out. The Sakura trees looked ready to bloom soon, but the flowers Elodie Cho likes best are daffodils. Sometimes daisies, like the ones slowly growing out of the sidewalk cracks. Sometimes she likes yellow daisies.

The cross light lit green, and the crowd walked across the street. Elodie gripped onto her yellow shoulder bag and scarf, sauntering across the street, whilst watching the magic of a light snow shower over the city of Musutafu.

She unconsciously bumped into someone's elbow, accidentally spilling his morning hot coffee onto his brown coat. "Hey, watch where you're going!" Her brown eyes idled back to reality. Elodie instantly flinched at his scowl and dropped her Fluttershy charm - a character from My Little Pony.

"Sheesh...clumsy girl can't watch what's in front of her. Are you going to apologize or are you gonna scram!" The 15-year-old nervously fidgeted her fingers around, her eyes shrouded underneath her poofy poodle-puff blonde hair whilst looking around and avoiding eye contact while picking up her charm. Her shoulders went rigid.

"O-o-oh...I-I'm...I--I-I'm-I-s-s-so-ss-ssorr..." She could hardly muster up the courage to say, all her words went into a quiet whisper. All she could do was bow as an only response. The man she bumped into, gave her an annoyed glare; ticked off, he walked away without acknowledging her apology or her presence. Elodie lowered her head, a tear threatened to leak. A few civilians moving past her glanced and wandered away with any sight of sympathy. 'There's too many people looking at me. I don't...I-I I I--I don't like it out here. I don't wanna do this anymore...Maybe I sh-should...I should cut my losses and go home. I can't do this. I can't!'

Elodie was used to the ignorance and lack of attention from everyone. In fact, she enjoyed it. Eye contact makes her shiver. A touch from someone would set her off in a straight anxiety attack. With the inability to socialize and extremely low self-esteem was one of a wallflower, Elodie is just a meek little 15-year-old dandere.

She kept thinking negatively about how she'll do. She might fail. She might not get in. She might not be good enough anywhere. On anything. For anyone. It was going to be a huge flop. This was the biggest moment in her life. But giving up felt like the best temptation to give into. It was too pressurizing her fragile heart could take. She was about to turn back...but then a memory struck her thoughts like lightning. Encouraging words from her mom.

"Don't doubt yourself. I know you can do it, my little wallflower! Do your best! Your uncle and I will be rooting for you! I know you can...say it with me: I will..."

"I will..."

After a long trail, the intimidating height of the building came to view. It could be seen even from just across town, it was a lot bigger up close! Has it always been this big?! She thought. Elodie shivered, not from the cold, but from the thought of disappointing her mother. She slowly peered up at the golden initials on the burgundy arched entrance gate. Up ahead were three large doors, with the middle door wide open - students from across different environments ambled inside.