Chapter 8

Chapter 8

So basically, all you've got to do is point and shoot," Sana  explained to Chaeyoung while holding up a paintball gun. "Getting hit will hurt like a bitch, but you won't die or anything."

"Wow, that sounds so reassuring," Chaeyoung grumbled.

"You'll do fine," Jihyo assured.

The three were heading towards the previously agreed meeting place where Mina  and her friends were waiting. Chaeyoung quirked an eyebrow when she recognized Twice Academy students.

"Ms. Son, I didn't know you enjoyed paintballing," Dahyun said gently

"I ran into Chaeyoung and invited her and her friends to join us." Mina said.

"Chaeyoung?" Momo blurted out. "Mitang!, since when were you on first name terms with Ms. Son?"

"I know her parents," Chaeyoung lied smoothly. Well, actually, that was technically true.

"You can call her Chaeyoung outside of class," Mina interjected, smirking when Chaeyoung shot her a look.

"And why would I allow that?"

"Because I said so," Mina  said in a tone that brooked no argument.

Chaeyoung  half smiled at her and help up her hands. "Okay, you're the boss."

Sana  coughed out, "Whipped!"

"Bless you," a clueless Momo said.

A slender girl Chaeyoung recognized as Kim Jisoo smiled cheerfully. "I'm happy as long as we don't get graded for this." She bounded forwards and shook Jihyo's and Sana's hands energetically. Lalisa Manoban waved shyly. The two remaining boys, Jackson Wang and Park Jimin, tried to nod stoically, but faint identical blushes gave them away—being surrounded by gorgeous women was almost too much.

"Team deathmatch!" Momo suddenly shouted out. Chaeyoung winced; the bluenette was literally a walking bullhorn.

It turned out Mina  and Momo  were always the captains, although the competitiveness seemed to be mostly on Momo's part. Chaeyoung cursed that same competitiveness when Momo chose her to be on the team for her "intimidation factor" (aka: what sane student would actually try to shoot at the same person who graded their tests?)

In the end, Momo's team had Dahyun, Jackson, ,jisoo and Chaeyoung,while Mina  chose Sana , Jihyo, Lisa, and Jimin..

Momo narrowed her eyes at Mina . "I hope you don't cry too badly when you lose."

Mina scoffed. "Remember, loser gets to be my slave for a day."

Momo whirled around and gestured her team to follow. Chaeyoung smiled wryly and turned to Mina . "Good luck."

Mina's  eyes twinkled mischievously. "Keep your luck, you'll need it more." She laughed and blew a kiss at her stunned girlfriend before running off in the opposite direction.

Chaeyoung scowled. Oh, it was so on.

____

Chaeyoung crouched and took in her surroundings; the damn arena was literally a maze. She jumped slightly when her headpiece crackled to life, sheepishly looking around to make sure no one saw her fright.

"Come in, Simba. This is Jokbal, over."

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes. "What, Jokbal?"

There was a slight pause. "Ms. Son, do not reveal our identities or we will be compromised! And please end your statements with an 'over,' over."