Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Chaeyoung slammed the door behind her and carelessly kicked off her shoes. She heard voices coming from the kitchen and called out, "Jihyo?"

The hushed whispering immediately stopped. Chaeyoung frowned in suspicion. "Hello?"

No answer. Chaeyoung reached for the wooden bat Jihyo kept in the corner. She always made fun of her roommate for being a paranoid freak, but if there were robbers in the apartment then she would never make fun of Jihyo again…after she beat the crap out of the robbers first, of course.

Chaeyoung shuffled closer to the kitchen, sticking close to the wall. Her hands were getting sweaty as she twisted them around the bat. Should she try to sneak up on the robbers from behind, or should she go all-out kamikaze smash and bash?

Fuck this shit! Chaeyoung squared her shoulders. Son Chaeyoung wasn't scared of you; you were scared of Son Chaeyoung!

Brandishing the bat, Chaeyoung jumped out from behind the wall. "Hold it right there!"

Sana and Jihyo stared at her. They were sitting at the table, while a huge banner with bold black letters reading "INTERVENTION" was strung up behind them.

Sana raised an eyebrow. "I didn't know you liked playing baseball, Chaeyoung. What other kinds of balls do you like?" She wiggled her eyebrows.

Chaeyoung scowled and tossed the bat away. "Jeez, I thought you guys were robbers."

Jihyo looked smug. "And you thought it was stupid to have a bat lying around."

"Is that why it took you fucking forever to walk the five steps from the door to the kitchen? I thought you got lost," Sana  deadpanned.

"Shut up. What are you guys doing?" Chaeyoung read the banner and looked at her friends in confusion. "An intervention?"

"No, it's a literacy test. She can read, Jihyo! Our work here is done," Sana  said sarcastically.

Chaeyoung shot her an annoyed look. "Where'd the sign come from?"

"Oh, Sana's parents loaned it to us," Jihyo explained before frowning. "Wait, why do your parents have that, Sana ?"

Sana  snorted. "Please, having an intervention is a Minatozaki tradition."

"Did you have one yet? Because I'd be glad to participate if you didn't," Chaeyoung said.

"Of course I did—I was the first. Being the youngest of seven children drives you insane," Sana  said wryly. "But enough about me, today is your intervention."

Chaeyoung ignored her. "But I'm not addicted to anything."

Sana  scoffed. "Denial—a classic symptom of addiction."

Jihyo cleared her throat. "We have something to say."

"Okay?" Chaeyoung said bemusedly.

"Now, I didn't think a confrontation would help, but Sana  insisted on—"

"Hey Sugar Tits, don't go blaming this on me! You agreed to do it—"

"Sugar Tits? Just what are you insinuating, Sana —"

"Spit it out, already!" Chaeyoung growled.

Sana  and Jihyo stopped bickering to look at their annoyed friend. "There's really no need to shout, Chaeyoung" Sana  said mildly.

Jihyo held up her hand to forestall Chaeyoung indignant retort. "We think you should tell Mina  the truth about Mira ."

Chaeyoung blinked. "Why?"