Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Chaeyoung snatched a napkin from a nearby table and hastily dried herself off before dashing after Mina .

"Mina! Mina!" Chaeyoung pushed through mingling guests, trying to catch up to Mina . Unfortunately, the other girl was annoyingly quick, determined to avoid her at all costs.

Running—or the closest thing she could come to running while in heels—onto the dance floor, Chaeyoung forcefully squeezed herself between a couple, ignoring their annoyed shouts, and strode purposefully toward Mina .

That is, she had been striding purposefully toward Mina  until someone grabbed her by the elbow and spun her into a dance.

Chaeyoung squeaked in surprise and immediately regretted emitting such a wimpy sound. She cleared her throat and glared at her attacker. "Why are you hanging onto me like a baby monkey?"

Mira plastered on a fake smile for the benefit of her guests. "You're dancing with me."

"What? Absolutely not." Chaeyoung tried to peel Mira's  hands off her shoulders, but to no avail; the bride had a death grip on her. "Are your claws made out of steel or something?"

Mira's  grip tightened. "Stop that, people will stare if you deny the bride a dance! Where do you think you're going?"

"After Mina . I have to explain—"

"Explain what, that spectacular display of scorned lovers at their finest? I really don't think she's in the mood to hear that right now." Mira's voice was low, conscious of potential eavesdroppers.

"Did everyone see what happened?" Chaeyoung's hissed back just as quietly.

"Only a few, but it'll be simple enough to do damage control, thank God. I can only imagine what my coworkers would say if they saw such an embarrassing event at my wedding." Mira  shuddered.

"Oh, embarrassing for you, really?" Chaeyoung growled. "What they were saying about me wasn't even true!"

"I don't care if you slept with everyone and their mothers! Just consider yourself lucky I haven't thrown you out for causing a disturbance."

"How is this my fault?"

"Your exes, your fault."

"Well, they're your guests!"

Mira scoffed. "I certainly didn't invite them. They're probably crashers like your Snake friend."

Chaeyoung stopped their awkward revolving and threw her hands up in frustration. "Why am I even here with you? I need to talk to Mina !"

Mira blocked her way. "She doesn't want to talk to you. She's royally pissed off, and mina doesn't do things half-assed. Even I think twice before bothering her when she's like this."

"I don't care."

Mira let out an aggravated sound. "Oh my God, you're infuriating."

"Pot, meet kettle!"

"Mina needs space. Wait until the reception ends—that'll be enough time for her to calm down."

Chaeyoung eyed her suspiciously. "Why should I believe you?"

"Because she's my baby sister and I know how she works?"

Chaeyoung scoffed. "No, really."

Mira scowled. "Any drama that gets started here will take attention away from Ayato and me. If I see you near her, I will throw you out."

"That's the most self-centered reason I've ever heard, and sadly, all too easy to believe." Chaeyoung frowned.

Mira rolled her eyes. "Just wait until later, okay?" She warned before stalking away from Chaeyoung.