Chapter 2

Lexa's POV

I was so focused I didn't see Clarke come in. I didn't even know she was here yet until I hear Chief Kane clear his through behind me. I turned around and my jaw almost dropped, I saw the most beautiful girl standing next to Kane. She had blonde hair and blue eyes that I couldn't get enough of. She was wearing a stunning grey pantsuit and I couldn't take my eyes off her until Kane Spoke. "Lexa, This is Clarke Griffin your new partner." "Right, it's nice to meet you," I say standing up and reaching my hand out for her to shake. "Nice to meet you too," she says shaking my hand. "Well, I'll let you two get to know each other and let Lexa fill you in on the case. I expect a check-in report on my desk by the end of the week. Have a good." Kane says turning to leave "Yes sir and you too, " I say as he's walking away.
I turn to Clarke and say "well it's nice to meet you, I think we will get along just great." "Same goes for you, and I agree," she says with a smile. 'God is there anything more beautiful than her smile,' I think to myself.  "So, what's up with this Infinity case." She asks pulling me out of my thought. "We call it infinity because that's the only clue we have when we get there. The drugs are highly addictive and they always keep customers coming back for more. They are known for many crimes including money laundering, armed robbery, murder, kidnapping, human trafficking, and assault." I say as my eyes travel down her body and I spot a small glimmer as the sun bounces off a ring. 'of course she's engaged, ' I say to myself. "alright, any leads?" she asks processing everything. "We have one, we believe his name is Thelonious Jaha, we believe he is in charge of drug dealing," I say taking my eyes off the ring and looking her in the eyes. 'Her eyes are so beautiful, the most unique shade of blue that I could start into forever, ' I mentally slap myself 'she's engaged.' "Ok I guess we should start looking for anyone else involved with the drugs." "Sounds like a good plan, let's see if we can find anything."

Clarke's POV

'Lexa isn't as bad as I thought she'd be. My old partner Raven was my best friend and we worked amazing together. It was the worst thing about having to move. My mom's trying to get a job at the hospital down here so I'll at least have her. Chief Kane clearing his throat behind me pulled me out of my thoughts. "anything new detectives, " he asked in a neutral tone. "We got sent a security tape for that club Nightblood, it looks to be a deal caught on camera, " Lexa told Kane while pulling up the video. "That's good, have you been able to tell who it is." Kane said studying the video. "Not yet, but we running face recognition now, we'll let you know as soon as we get something, " I replied with my eyes on the video. "Alright the video quality is pretty bad so why don't you guys call it a night and pick it up tomorrow, " Kane said taking his eyes off the computer screen and looking at us. "Yes sir, have a good night, " Lexa says as she starting packing up. "See you tomorrow," Kane says while walking out of the door. "Good work today Griffin, see you tomorrow, " she says while working towards the door. "Same goes to you Woods," I say as I watch her walk down the hallway. As soon as I get home I open the door to my empty apartment, 'Great' I think to my self. I start to order some take out when I get a text from Finn 'got caught up with work I'll be home late tonight, sorry baby.' A small frown forms on my face. He's been caught up at work a lot lately and I absolutely hate it, but I don't want him to thinking selfish by asking him to take a night off. So I reply with 'ok. Love you babe' and for the rest of the night, I don't hear back.