001. miss robichaux's academy

chapter one, miss robichaux's academy

" There is a house in New Orleans
They call the Rising Sun
And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy
And God, I know I'm one "

       HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN ━━
       the animals

IT HAD ONLY BEEN A DAY SINCE JULIET HARMON DIED. And the world had kept spinning as though nothing had ever happened. She herself kept walking on the world as though the burning had only been a nightmare she hoped to never encounter again.

          How she survived, or had been resurrected, remained a mystery. Not even Cordelia Foxx knew the cause of her resurrection, something that Juliet Harmon didn't know whether it was a good thing or bad thing. Of course, she should be thankful she was alive. And she was. But whatever had brought her back to the land of the living had to have had a reason for doing so, she was sure. Good or bad, she didn't know.

Cordelia Foxx was a kind, if not overly protective woman, something that Juliet discovered as they had been leaving the small town. When Juliet asked why she was helping her, Cordelia had simply stated "I will always protect my girls". It was weird for someone she didn't know to refer to her as though she had known her for a long time. But she didn't question it. Like how she barely questioned being told she was a witch. Things didn't make sense anymore and she doubted they'd make sense ever again, but as least now there was someone who wouldn't kill her or give her away.

The building before her towered above her. It looked like some fancy boarding school, and judging by the sign, that's what it was to anyone on the outside.

Miss Robichaux's Academy. Not your normal school as Cordelia had explained to her. A school for abnormal girls, like herself. Like Cordelia. Like whatever or whoever brought her back to life. A school for girls to learn magic like the witches they were. Juliet would be lying if she said she wasn't disappointed to hear that it wasn't like Hogwarts which still wasn't real, even with magic and it was actually just fiction like magic should be.

          Juliet didn't have any bags to bring with her, as they couldn't risk going back to her former home. She felt awkward standing in front of the so called school, her skin crawling. Cordelia promised she would fit in with her abilities, however even as she stood in front of the school she didn't feel a sense of belonging. She hadn't no matter what Cordelia said. As though she wasn't truly meant to be there. She hoped it'd grown on her unlike her former homes.

          Stepping inside hadn't felt any better. A sense of foreboding took over. She managed to hide it though. For a sixteen year old, she was good at burying her expressions under stoic ones. She had yet to see anyone else in the house, and it was silent, making the already large school feel so much bigger and emptier.