004. on wednesdays we wear black

chapter four, on wednesdays we wear black

" I saw a piece of heaven
Waiting patiently for me, down
And I was running far away
Would I run off the world someday? "

       RUNAWAY ━━
       aurora

         THOSE BOYS GOT WHAT THEY DESERVED. There was no doubt about that. And life seemed to continue on. It was a funny thing, how people mourned bad people. It wasn't fair. Those who deserved to be mourned would never be mourned. And those who were the worst would be. The city of New Orleans was grieving, and yet the only person who should have a right to act as though the world stopped spinning was the only person who was on her feet the next day going about business.

Juliet was never really a morning person. She wasn't really an anything person, but mornings were, as Queenie would say, when she was the scariest. Especially if she didn't get her coffee. And the worst part about it, being at Robichaux would force her to wake up earlier than wanted.

With Nan in the room, Juliet tried not to let her thoughts wander to the previous night, knowing that Madison didn't want everyone to know about what had happened. Although she was sure everyone would find out eventually, Zoe would probably go blabbing or something and the two probably wouldn't care that Nan could hear their thoughts, a reason why Juliet had taken to learning to block Nan out. Juliet liked her secrets, and while it was said to be impossible to block out a clairvoyant, Juliet likes proving everyone wrong.

          The sound of the tv played in the background, the news reporter talking about how tragic the accident had been. Sure, Zoe mentioned lover boy happened to be in that wreck and he was completely innocent, but they didn't know what he had done in the past. Maybe he was just as bad as the others but they had yet to witness it. After all, they were his friends, right? Juliet didn't care to judge a dead person, so she decided to leave it, whatever it was, alone.

          Queenie and Nan were already eating as Juliet waited for her coffee, blinking sleep out of her eyes. She was still in her pajamas, although that this point her pajamas were pretty much her clothes. Like she said, she didn't care about her appearance anymore. She'd wear sweats all the time if she could, they made everything better. Her hair was messy, although at this point she didn't care to take it. It practically always was slightly crazy, even when she put effort into making it look nice.

          "The Louisiana campus is still in shock over the tragic bus crash last night. Nine members of the fraternity Kappa Lambda Gamma were on board. Seven of the boys died on the scene. Two were rushed to Troost Medical Center where they remain in critical condition. Officials will not confirm the identities of the deceased." A real tragedy. Eight guilty lives lost, one maybe innocent with them. The world would surely miss them.