008. a series of unfortunate events

chapter eight, a series of unfortunate events

" Sure I'm a pretty girl up in a pretty world
But they say pretty hurts
And I don't wanna sit still
I'm-I'm a pretty girl up in a pretty world
But no, I won't sit still, look pretty "

       SIT STILL LOOK PRETTY ━━
       daya

IT WAS UNDENIABLE. Things had gone crazy in the days that had followed Zoe Benson's arrival. Of course, Juliet didn't blame the girl because while it seemed a lot of things had changed, the Supreme hadn't shown up just because of the girl's arrival. The Supreme hadn't just brought back Delphine LaLaurie from her grave just because of Zoe Benson. Madison hadn't been raped just because of Zoe Benson and they hadn't brought back that one boy — actually, that was Zoe Benson's doing. But most importantly, Madison Montgomery wasn't just missing because of Zoe Benson, or, as Nan plainly stated, had been killed.

One bad thing seemed to happen right after the either, falling like bricks in their path and it seemed there's only be more to come. If that wasn't clear enough by the arrival of their Supreme's most hated witch, Myrtle Snow and the council, consisting of the eccentric red head, the small Quentin Fleming and the ever so boring Cecily Pembroke. Fleming was perhaps one of the only warlocks that they ever saw, as many of the warlocks were jealous rats who had never really taken to corresponding with the witches, only in the most dire (or delirious) of circumstances. And to be honest, Cecily Pembroke was not enough to make an impression on anyone. Myrtle Snow's feud with Fiona was about the most interesting thing around it turned out.

          Juliet had no idea when the council had shown up, having been woken sometime during the afternoon by Cordelia who had scolded her for staying in bed so late. It wasn't her fault she didn't care about practices enough to set an alarm. Usually she counted on Cordelia to wake her at whatever ungodly hour she deemed reasonable. All Juliet really knew was that Nan had summoned them because she could no longer hear Madison, insisting that she was dead. And while Juliet knew many that would want to kill the movie star, it was much more likely that Madison had run off and drowned herself in drugs. But she wasn't about to say that in front of Cordelia.

          The raven haired girl frowned staring over the side of the school from her perch on the balcony, watching as Spalding fixed the scarecrow in the front of the yard as she waited her turn. The council was interviewing each of them to solve the case of the missing student, and while she had nothing to hide, she didn't want to be interrogated. They were witches, and she wasn't aware of any of their talents. They may be able to peer into her mind, pick things that she'd rather keep private out. They may try to blame something on her and make her out to be the culprit behind Madison's disappearance. She was sure that Nan would know something. The girl knew everything that went on in the house. And the only other person that knew about everything was the very person she was staring down at.