009. the walking dead

chapter nine, the walking dead

" Load up on guns, bring your friends
It's fun to lose and to pretend
She's over-bored and self-assured "

       SMELLS LIKE TEEN SPIRIT ━━
       nirvana

"ITS TOO LATE EVEN NOW TO LIGHT THE BONFIRES OF PROTECTION." Delphine declared gravely, turning towards the group of powerful witches and the extra religious teenage boy. "All hell has opened up on our doorstep." She stated, the pounding of hands on the door enforcing what she had said.

Barely a second later, Queenie, who'd probably seen it from her window as she was supposed to be on bed rest walked down the stairs calling to the pales face girls, "You guys, did you get a load of what's going on outside?"

"No! We've all gone deaf and can't hear it." Juliet snipped sarcastically, rushing to the windows to peer outside and see exactly what they were up against. She knew that whatever it was, wasn't good.

She walked towards the window, peeking through the curtains to see the same rotting corpses standing around, not doing anything. Yet. Waiting for someone's command and Juliet tried to think of someone, anyone that one of them had pissed off and still no one came to mind. She pissed off a lot of people in general, however not near enough to bring down this hell onto them. Zoe had only been here for a few days and not bothered anyone. Nan was annoying with her hearing thoughts but harmless. Queenie could be annoying but she'd so nothing to bring this to them.

          That left the witch bitches of the group. Fiona and the missing Madison.

          Her money was on the not yet missing one.

"Shit," she hissed, examining the small army gathered outside their door, as though waiting for something. It was Halloween, and the thought of it being a prank crossed her mind once or twice, being a witch she was pretty sure that that wasn't the case.

Zoe who was also looking out the window with the rest of them, asked, "What are they?"

Nan was trying to get a good look outside as she answered, "They're dead. I can't hear them." Confirming what Juliet had been thinking, she glanced over to the human boy who had no idea what they were, seeing him looking at them skeptically and with judgey eyes.

Looking back out the window she focused, hearing the sound of slapping knowing that her little trick had worked and the boy who was having stupid thoughts just slapped himself, causing him to grown and Nan to check on him. Nan looked back at her with accusing eyes but she ignored her.