Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I stand in front of the mirror hanging on the nicely, molded wall of my room. I've been conflicted for more than twenty minutes now whether I would be wearing pants or a skirt. It's a big controversy for me as I'm too picky about how will I look in the eyes of other people. That what they picture of me, it is what they get to me. But in the end, I chose to wear a light pink sheath dress with white laces on the collar that falls right on my knee and a pair of classy brown sheepskin ugg boat with shearers around the top.

I couldn't get a better view of how it looks on me dahil upper part lamang ng katawan ko ang nakikita ko sa salamin. My head shifted to my side and my eye squinted when I found the chair and with that, I've got an idea popped up in my pretty bright mind.

I pulled the chair and placed a few away from the mirror and stand over it. As I finally got the view of my kicks, I turned back to see how will I look from the back. Puno ako ng confidence when I picked my own clothes to wear. Back home, kahit hindi pansinin ang aura ko, they always complimented how I dress. For a girl like me who's acting wasn't appreciated, I still can make their heads turn to me three hundred sixty. I wear classic, sometimes simple dresses and no matter how I look, I still get feedback.

At least, alam ko kung pa'no dalhin ang sarili ko. I just don't know how to be an effective actress.

"Bonjour!" Victor greeted enthusiastically as he barged into my room. He didn't even knock. (Hello!)

I screamed from his sudden entrance. I almost fell on my position dahil sa gulat at naalog ko ang kinatatayuan ko. Victor scrunched his face, filled with too much curiosity, and put his hand on the temple of his head trying to compose himself on what he's seeing. 

"Que faites-vous, Mademoiselle?" Victor asked with a hint of laughed on his face. (What are you doing, miss?)

"Viens, help me," I said and then he came to my help as he holds my hand and then I jump on the floor. I straighten the wrinkles of my dress then put my attention to me. "How do I look?" (Come, help me.)

Hinawakan niya ang magkabilang braso ko at inikot niya ako habang sinusuri. Nang makaharap ko muli siya, wala siyang komentong ibinigay sa akin. He zips his mouth trying not to offend me.

"I know this is weird but this is my fashion," I told to him and fixes my beret. "See? I look like a french now, right?"

He shakes his head, completely disagreeing with my statement. I don't mean it but whatever I wear, it speaks me.

"Whatever, Cosette," he said and turn around. I guess he's really over with it. I know I didn't pick you up yesterday at the airport and now you're torturing me. Don't say you look like french--it's okay with me but not to anyone. They can be mean and when I say mean, you'll definitely cry and be alone for the rest of your life."

"Huh?" I scoffed with him. I wasn't sure if he's playing around or he's just being true to me. That's I guess, a true friend I can have. "Anyway, should we go now? It's my first day to meet my colleagues and my students. I'm so excited,"

"Don't be," he warned. His tone is serious. My eyebrows pulled together for what he meant. "You'll know it once you do."

And I still don't get it. Should I worry about my first day of teaching? Well, first of all, I never got to teach at an actual school when I got my license. Nalihis agad ako ng landas. 'Yong landas pang walang pumapasin sa akin. Na hindi nila nakikita ang worth ng isang hardworking Cosette.

"Allons-y, Cosette, you can't be late on your first day, and please," he stared at me intently as I failed big time last night. "Don't get lost again and don't meddle with french guys if you're not interested in them..."