Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Cashel and I headed to a breakfast place just around the 11th. I know he already mentioned what we'll be doing pero hindi na niya inulit sa akin. We parked just on the side of the road. There are few cars already parked so Cashel lined with them. Natanaw ko rin naman agad 'yong sinasabi niyang pupuntahan namin. I'm not worried about my schedule, I still have an hour and I guess there will be no traffic as we drive to the 15th.

"Who should we be meeting at that place?" I asked him once again.

Hinawakan niya ang kamay ko. He told me that this could be a good tactic for public appearance ang mag-holding hands sa harap ng maraming tao. Tumawid kami ng kalsada saka tinungo ang cafe and restaurant place. It is standing on the corner of the Rue Castex and Rue Saint-Antoine. And looking at it from the outside exhibits sophistication and fine cuisines. I also found them on Google and had 4.3 stars rating.

I wonder where Cashel would bring me to a Michelin Star Restaurants? That would be exquisite and luxurious. There are tables sitting outside and a few people who dined in to have a view of the busy street. As we expected we've got a few heads turning in our direction. Hindi lang dahil sa kiss naming dalawa na nag-viral online, lumabas din kami sa news earlier. I haven't watched it kasi sira naman ang TV sa room ko.

We walked inside and I'm fascinated by how simply elegant this place looks like. I've never heard of this place before. More likely, ang alam ko lang sa France ay ang Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, croissants, and baguettes. Those are just a few things and I'm still learning every day.

"There she is," Cash said. Hindi ko kilala 'yong tinutukoy niya kaya sinundan ko ng tingin kung saan siya nakatuon ang atensyon niya. His hand rested on my waist as we headed to the table where we will be meeting someone. Then we met a black woman which made me stop for a moment. Not because she intrigued me but because I know her. "Bonjour, Trudy." (Hello, Trudy.)

Tumayo naman siya at nakipag-beso kay Cashel. And then their attention landed on me. Para akong nanigas sa kinatatayuan ko ngayon. I've known her for a long time rather than Cashel. She's an icon back in the country and meeting her now is a dream country for me. Literally! Dream granted!

"J'aimerais que vous rencontriez ma copine, Cosette Calafiore," he introduces me to her. (I would love you to meet my girlfriend, Cosette Calafiore.)

And she gave me kisses on both cheeks. "Enchantee, Cosette. If you're not who I am--" (Nice to meet you, Cosette.)

But before she could even finish her sentence, I cut her off. I grab her hand to hold it. Gusto ko lang maramdaman na hindi ako nananaginip. "You don't have to introduce yourself to me, I've known you for my whole life. You're Trudy Kamakala, who wouldn't even know you, right?"

She chuckles and playfully pats my shoulder. "You're such a cutie, Cosette. Not everyone though but thanks for that, I really appreciate it."

"Of course, I'm one of your biggest fans," I was so amazed that I forgot that Cashel is there.

"What about me?" he asked creasing his forehead.

"Saka ka na," sagot ko sa kanya. "Hayaan mo muna ako mag-fangirling."

"I may not understand what you're speaking but girl, you must be fun to work it," Trudy believed. "Join me at the table. Order what you want, and I'm sorry that I called for an early meeting with the two of you. I've got a full-packed schedule after this and until late at night. Je suis tellement stressé."

Cashel laughed. "That's fine, Trudy." Saka ako tiningnan ng jowa-jowaan ko.

Tumango rin ako kay Trudy. "Yes, that's fine but I also have a job at school in an hour so I can't be late." I winced. I thought it might offend her but she didn't look at it that way. I guess, she's not that mean at all. Mabuti na lang. Nakahinga ako ng maluwag.