Chapter 33

Chapter 33

"I can't believe it, Cosette. You and Cashel are finally back together?" Minetta barged into my desk, holding today's newspaper, and of course, we're on the front page. After Toro found out our location is, Cashel and I prepared for what's coming next. Nilapag niya ang diyaryo sa desk ko. It is me and Cashel kissing like a thirsty mfs.

Napailing ang ulo ko sa sinabi niya. I know she was just shocked as I am. Hindi ko rin naman inasahan na agad na ibebenta ni Toro ang pictures na kinuhaan niya kahapon. But if this picture would resolve their curiosity by finding out if I and Cash are going back together, maybe that's the answer. I don't have to give any further explanation. Kissing is already enough and proof of their ungodly eyes.

"How is this true?" she questioned. She even frowned, as if believing is seeing a ghost—a lie. "I don't think this is true. I believe this was photoshopped. You know how they manipulate online stuff, right?"

I looked at her and not saying any words. Gusto kong matawa pero mas malakas ang loob kong 'wag na lang pansinin iyong tanong niya. But I know she wouldn't stop until she knows the truth. 

"Minetta, do you want to know the truth or not?"

She smiled, "I'd love to know the truth."

"Sure... so listen to me very carefully, okay?" I said. She pulled a seat and placed it right in front of my desk. "That picture was true."

She gasped. Her face seems full of terror and shocked."But—"

"Let me finish first," I said and she nodded. "We kissed, that was also true. But Cash and I were not together. We're getting there—mostly it was called by everyone as dating. We've resolved the issue and we're here moving forward. We only want the good stuff and we don't wanna dwell on negative vibes anymore. It's such a mood killer. But there you have it. It's not fake—we're not faking it. This is real. Not acting. Not for a show."

Minetta wants to shout and release all her excitement but because we're inside the faculty room, she contained by hugging me so tight that I feel I couldn't breathe anymore. But it's nice to know and see her reaction. People still might say bad things about it and we'll get passed through it. Kung nasolusyonan ko nga issue with Chevalier noon, whatever they may throw at us ay hindi ko na kailangan pang isipin.

Their opinions are valid but they can keep it to themselves if it meant hurting someone else.

"I'm so happy for you, Cosette! I really am," she said.

It was a heartfelt appreciation. "Thank you. I know we'll be coming a long way but we'll try to keep this relationship between us with a strong foundation of love and trust. You can count on me."

"Of course, dear! I will totally count on you! If I found that Cashel breaks your heart again, I'll come to him and break his motherfucking nose."

"That's harsh but let's not see that day, okay?"

She giggled and nodded. "Of course... but I also do have another question if you don't mind e asking about it?"

I raised a brow. Nagsimula naman akong ayusin ang gamit ko para maghanda papunta sa morning class ko. Minetta, if some days, always held me hostage with her round of morning gossips and rumors. Parang hinid makukumpleto ang araw niya ng hindi nakakapag-share ng chismis. It's like it was her morning coffee! It energizes and boosts her system!

"What about it?"

"Do you have any contact with Chevalier?"

Napakunot ang noo ko sa kanya. "What's the matter with him?"