Chapter 29

Chapter 29

"I'll be staying just around the Champs de Mars or maybe in some local coffee shop. Just give me a call when you needed something or some help if Cashel started harassing you."

"No, I don't think we'll go that far. Cashel knows how to respect a woman and with good intentions. And maybe that's how he got mad at me. He doesn't want to see me kissing someone else's other than his. He might sound obsessive on that one but surely when a man became protective, he'll be mad. And why am I thinking of that? That's ridiculous."

Victor laughed. "Maybe you're missing someone to kiss you like a pig."

"Duh! As if naman. I totally forget those men who seemingly complicates my life. Let's just move forward."

"And now, you will be meeting one of those complicated men."

I sighed and shook my head. "I guess, let's not move forward! But I do believe that I don't have to worry about it. Cashel clearly stated that we'll only get to meet. We won't get back to each other-"

Victor cuts me. "But you're hoping for it."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm not Victor."

"But do you miss him?"

I shifted my eyes at him and gave him death stares. "No. I do not."

"And why do you sound so defensive? Why do I feel like you miss him? You can be honest with me. I won't tell anyone what you really feel. I don't have a big number of followers on my social media so they won't care about it. I know you're trying to dodge when we're talking about him but let's be straight and frank right now. For the past month, did you miss Cashel?"

I look at his eyes. Hindi talaga ako kumurap para mapanindigan ko lang ang sarili ko. But I gave up so I breathe in, close my eyes and let it go.

"Yes," I confessed. " I missed him. I wanted him to talk to me. I wanted him to greet me last night. I even manifested the universe every night before I go to sleep to get us back from the moment we left it off. I didn't hate Cashel. I was just pissed he didn't try to listen to my side when he already shuts me off. And the last night, he shows up. I manifested and it worked."

"Maybe you really have feelings for him. Like for real this time."

I smirked, shaking my head to disagree with his statement. "I don't think so, Vic. That's far from what I'm thinking. I just want to be friends with him again. Maybe, before, when we're still in the fake-relationship. I was hoping that it could turn real but Cashel never thought about it. At that moment, his mind flew somewhere else, specifically in Beaujolais."

"But you also have to remember that situations aren't permanent. Things can't change."

"Why do I feel like you're getting soft, appreciative, and emotional for me, Vic? I'm starting to like you na."

He grunted. Aakmang sasabunutan niya ako but he restrained himself from doing that. He pulled the hem of his shirt and wiggle his head to calm himself. "No. Please. You can have all the French men but not me. I'm only available for myself. Not that I don't want one for me but I'm emotionally not available for anyone right now. And you don't have the right to answer why is that. Now, let's get to the location so you can meet your ex-fake-boyfriend."

"D'accord! Allons-y!" I bubbled, grabbing his hand to the Port de Suffren.

It's only a three walk away from the Eiffel Tower so it doesn't sweat us along the way. Hindi rin naman maalis ang tingin ko sa kalangitan. It is grey than usual. Mas kumulimlim na ngayon kumpara kaninang umaga. I was worried that it could be a hard rainfall pero ang sabi naman ni Victor ay ganyan lang daw talaga ang panahon. Hindi raw 'yan bubuhos ng malakas. Naniwala naman ako sa kanya. Hindi dapat masira ang special day na 'to.