Chapter 32

Chapter 32

"Wear the mittens, Adie," I told her and she immediately puts her little flower mittens on her tiny hands. Dali dali rin siyang tumabi sa akin pero pinausod ko muna siya ng kaunti para magbigay ng way sa pagbukas ng oven stove. She's furiously excited to taste her own bake kaya naman tuwang-tuwa rin si Salve sa naging creation naming tatlo.

When Salve opens the oven, agad na lumusot ang usok nito at we couldn't be more proud of how we did it on a perfect standard. Salve takes the tray out of the oven at inilayo ko pa si Adie dahil mainit-init pa iyon. We let it rest for a few minutes until we moved it to another plate. In total cookies, we made twenty-three almost 3/4 of the size of my palm.

"I knew where the smells coming from," napatingin naman kaming lahat kay Cashel na bagong ligo at ma-porma sa kanyang get-up. Gray tee over his dark blue trench coat and on his pair of straight cut plaid pants. Nang lumapit din naman siya sa tabi ko, his expensive perfume takes over the rich smell of the cookie. He sniffed as he closed his eyes. "Il sent très bon."

"Oh, oui, bien sur que je suis là!" masigasig na tugon ni Adie. She's so proud of how this cookie turned out good and not on the swimlane of failures.

"Let me take a bite," Cashel said. When he's about to grab a cookie from the plate, pinalo ni Adie ang kamay niya. Cashel reacted and glared at his little. "Why are you doing that? Why can't have a piece? I'm your big brother. I should get and taste one, right?"

Pero umiling pa rin si Adie. She's just being a good girl. Natatawa na lang ako sa magkapatid na 'to.

"Non. You can't," desidido niyang sagot dito. "We're going to have a picture first and then we're going to taste it. You're going to taste it last because you didn't make it with us."

"So I don't get the privileged to taste it first?" he asked and Adie shook his head again. "Okay, so Cosette can taste it first too?"

I rebutted. "Yes. I joined them making it and you were there taking your shower so we took our time to create something good. Just watch us first. Hindi naman lahat ng nauuna ay privileged at nakukuha ang gusto. Sometimes, mas better ang naghihintay kaysa sa nauuna. You know what I mean..."

He smirked. "Yeah... sure. I can wait. That's totally fine."

"Kuya..." Adie wondered. "Why are you being so nosy?"

Cashel scoffed, looking so confused. Napatingin pa ito sa amin ni Salve. Binalik niya ang tingin niya kay Adie. "Why am I being so nosy? Tell me."

Hindi na pinansin ni Adie ang kanyang kapatid at saka niya kami hinarap ulit ni Salve. She immediately instructed us on what to do. Mag-picture muna kaming tatlo na kasama sa shot ang mga cookies. Pinapanood lamang kami ni Cashel. Panay nakaw naman ang tingin ko sa kanya. He's crossing his arms, giggling and grinning at what Adie made us do. She also requested that I should post it on my social media. I looked at Cashel if he's approved of doing it. Tinanguan niya ako so that only means he's giving me the luxury to post it on my feeds.

When I posted it on my accounts, mga ilang segundo pa lamang ang nakakalipas ay may mga nag-message na agad sa akin. They flood immediate comments on every photo and even on my stories. I was a little nervous dahil doon magsisimula ang haka-haka ng mga tao sa aming dalawa ni Cashel ulit. They obviously know his sister and his family. And also where he lives. It's just a matter of privacy and respect.

"Are you guys done?" he casually come up to us while we're packing goods of cookies.

"Almost," sagot ko sa kanya. "Adie wants me to take some pieces so I can have some bites at home. Do you want to take a bite?"