Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Halo-halong baka ang nararamdaman ko ngayon. I couldn't distinguish it but it's not totally helping me at all. I know what I did to Cashel and that's just the casualty of my hurt feelings. Ngayon na medyo inilinaw naman sa akin ni Amauree ang ibang detalye. At some point, nabawasan ang pangamba ko pero hindi ko pa rin makuha kung handa na ba talaga akong harapin siya ulit.

It wasn't long when we reach the sixteenth. Huminto ang taxi at saka ako bumaba but little did I know, Amauree isn't coming with me. I leaned over to look for her inside the car.

"Aren't you coming with me?" I asked.

She shook her head. "No. My business here was to talk with you then bring you here. Of course, help Cashel. I think I'm done with my part so I'll put my trust in the both of you and please sort this out."

"So, you're not really coming with me?"

She laughed. "I'm not but Cashel won't do any harm, I believe so. Talk to him, okay?"

"Sure..."

"A bientot, Cosette," she waved her hand. I stepped back then she closed the door. I watch the taxi drive away and then turn around to face the building where Cashel resides.

Humugot ako ng malalim na hininga at hinanda ko ang sarili ko sa pagpasok sa loob ng building. As I headed inside, tumungo kaagad ako sa elevator. Nangangatog pa ang kamay ko ng pindutin ko ang penthouse floor. It didn't take too long nang makalapag ako sa penthouse floor kaya nang malaman ng mga tao sa loob ang presensya ko. The first little person who came running to see me is Adie.

Agad niya akong niyakap. I kneeled down just to give her the same tight hug as well. Mga ilang minuto rin kami sa gano'ng posisyon nang umalis si Adie sa pagkakayakap pero hinabulan niya ako ng halik sa pisngi.

"I've missed you," she said.

"Oh, I missed being here as well." Paghawak ko pa sa kamay niya then she started swaying it. "So, how are you? How was your weekend?"

"It's good. I finished all my homework yesterday. Kuya's been busy and I thought he wasn't going out more often these past few days. He's only staying in his rooms... sometimes, he forgets to take a shower and he smells so bad. I don't even want to play with him. Good thing, I have my dolls in my room."

"Oh..." I'm not quite sure what to react to it. "Maybe, he's just dealing with something..."

"I think he loves you."

Nabigla ako sa sinabi niya niya pero hindi ko masyadong pinahalata. Kumunot naman ang noo ko at bahagya ko siyang tinawanan. "You know, you simply like to joke. Of course, your Kuya don't love me. We're just... friends. I guess. Anyway, where's Salve? Is she not around?"

She shook her head. Glad I change the topic of this conversation. It was too mature for her to glide in it. Mabuti na 'yong wala siyang alam sa nangyayari sa amin ni Cashel. I even barely talk about him when we're in school—in fact, hindi ko nga binabanggit dahil kapag sa school ay ang focus namin ay nasa lessons lang. No boy problems and issues.

"No, she's not. She went to the grocery to buy some stuff. I also told her to bake me some cookies!"

"Oh! That's lovely! I can also bake some cookies. I guess it's one of the easiest food for me to bake."

"Maybe you could help us later! She will buy a lot of chocolates."

"Sure, I will help you guys but where's your brother?" I asked, shifting the conversation once again. "I'm sure you're not alone here, right?"