Chapter 17

Chapter 17

"Salut, Monsieur," bati ko nang makalapit kami sa Father ni Cashel. 

He apologetically turns to us. He's busy composing a message on his phone. He then gave us his warm and welcoming smile.  I was not expecting the person he would be. And he's very suited in his overall denim suit and checkered long sleeves underneath. And his laced brown shoes are cute on him. I mean, I finally have an idea where Cashel got his style and get-ups.

"Salut, Mademoiselle." Inabot niya ang ang magkabilang balikat ko at hinalikan ako sa magkabilang pisngi ko. He let go of me when he finally did that. Cashel put his arm on my shoulder and pulled me closer to his side.

"Father, I know I've mentioned her to you a while ago but let's formally introduced you to each other," Cashel said. "So, Papa, here's Cosette Calafiore, and here's my Papa, Arthur Corprew."

"Bonjour, Cosette," and his Father repeats kissing me both cheeks. Napansin ko naman na gustong pigilan ni Cashel ang kanyang Papa dahil baka ilang ulit pa niya gagawin 'yon but I guess it is just his way of welcoming me.

"Bonjour—Tito, I mean, Monsieur Corprew," ngiwi ko pa.

"Je pense que c'est bien si elle t'appelle Tito, Non?" Cashel asked.

"Bien sûr elle peut," bahagya pa nitong tawa. "You're Filipina, right?"

I nodded swiftly. "Oui, Tito. I've already met your wife and she's very lovely. And good thing, I already know someone who I can fluently have a conversation in Tagalog. I've been dreading for this day to come."

"Wait," kunot noong pag-singit ni Cashel. "I talk to you in tagalog sometimes, right?"

"Yes, and sure, that's fine pero iba pa rin kapag may kasaup na akong alam mismo ang language ko. You grew up in France and mostly you grew up in your native language, and English, and a little bit of tagalog, I guess."

"Fair enough," Cashel smirked.

"Do you want to have a taste of our wine, Cosette?" tanong ni Tito.

"Oh, Je voudrais," hagikgik ko pa. "I have a low tolerance in wine but this is an exception, I would love to try if it's free though."

"Non, vous devez payer pour chaque bouteille," Tito said.

Natahimik naman ako bigla sa sagot niya. Napalingin pa ako kay Cashel kasi wala naman akong pambayad para makabili ng bote ng wine. Gamu-gamo ang laman ng wallet ko at hindi ko kakayanin kung aabot ng one thousand euro ang isang bote.

Pero napansin kong pinipigilan lang tumawa ni Cashel. I nudge him on his side then he couldn't stop giggling. His shoulder went upside down, pigil na pigil niya ang tawa niya.

"Papa's joking Cosette, you don't have to pay for it," he smirks.

"Allez, suivez-moi," Tito waved us to follow him and we walk behind him.

We follow his trails and then he started telling about their lives when they were starting the wine business. Nakikinig talaga ako pero hindi ko maintindihan iyong ibang sinasabi niya. He has a strong french accent and I'm having a hard time to understand it. Pansin naman iyon ni Cashel at inuulit niya iyong ibang mga salita.

Just around their chateau, it was their wine fields. They own a forty three thousand square feet, just roundabout almost five thousand square yards. I'm not sure if I'm hearing it right, mahina rin ako sa numbers kaya kinuha kong major ay English. They roughly made twenty thousand bottles of wine and they are exporting local and international and they proudly own the Corprew Wine Brand and they said, must be biased but that's fine, one of the best wine in Beaujolais.